Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
2:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought they would be a shìtshow of epic proportion but other than a couple oil leaks I've seen no issues with them. Time will tell but there's several 2.7's in trucks over 100k that are in for services with no real complaints.

What do you think of those 2.7 In the 1500 Ed?

Or should I just go sit in the corner now...

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you use for a cleaner in your ultrasonic cleaner?

@redline4 you use an ultrasonic cleaner as well, right? What do you use as the cleaner?
Only ultrasonic cleaner I have I use for my brass for reloading. I use some stuff that RCBS sells for that purpose
What do you think of those 2.7 In the 1500 Ed?

Or should I just go sit in the corner now...
They sound weird. They are ridiculously complicated. They kinda suck to work on. But, a few high mileage oil leaks at the PCV oil separator and some evap purge pumps early on that was a part issue is all the problems they have rolled in with.
So really, they are one of the better engines out there right now for the General..

You should move on up here and work on them with me.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only ultrasonic cleaner I have I use for my brass for reloading. I use some stuff that RCBS sells for that purpose

They sound weird. They are ridiculously complicated. They kinda suck to work on. But, a few high mileage oil leaks at the PCV oil separator and some evap purge pumps early on that was a part issue is all the problems they have rolled in with.
So really, they are one of the better engines out there right now for the General..

You should move on up here and work on them with me.

Naw, you move down here and get mediocre on everything with me.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you use for a cleaner in your ultrasonic cleaner?

@redline4 you use an ultrasonic cleaner as well, right? What do you use as the cleaner?
I just use dawn dish soap! I tried a few thing, but it works good and cheap to keep clean water

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just use dawn dish soap! I tried a few thing, but it works good and cheap to keep clean water
Thank you! I'll have to give that a try. I was thinking about trying simple green ment for aluminum.

Only ultrasonic cleaner I have I use for my brass for reloading. I use some stuff that RCBS sells for that purpose.

Okay, gotcha. I was thinking you used one for parts, guess I was wrong! Thanks for the information though. I've thought about using one for brass as well. Right now I use a thumblers tumbler was hot soapy water and stainless media. I have conserns about it work hardening the brass. I do anel the neck and throat afterwords though. So it shouldn't be a problem...

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picked up this propane generator the other day, it’s a 10 KW, they upgraded to an automatic transfer switch. $250 had to get a regulator do some figuring, but got her running well today! Pretty excited. Built a cart so my dad could use it for his back up shop generator.IMG_3884.jpegIMG_3886.jpegIMG_3888.jpegIMG_3945.jpeg

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I'm not sure the world could handle the ordinary stuff we would accomplish.

I do get to split the crankcase on a Northstar today. It's been quite some time since I've had one apart...
20240327_161334.jpg

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I do get to split the crankcase on a Northstar today. It's been quite some time since I've had one apart...
View attachment 413783
IMG_20240327_200901.jpg
You can both come play VW stuff with me next week. Vacation time so I'm going to put in new clutch and ready struts. Got some small things to do as well while I'm playing with it apart. Trunk wouldn't open with button or key on it, had to open from inside with safety release. URO parts makes this in metal now so I hope it will not happen again.

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 413783
Awesome engine, nasty to work on. A buddy and I changed head gaskets in his. It took 3 full weekends. A dealer offered us a great deal to repair 2 more. We turned them down.
If I can remember right, just the parts was 700.00 15 years ago.