Random pics (that you took) thread...

Ontario Firewood Resource

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oil change day. Truck made it to 200 000.
1dd6c0a1002d1495447e3a060768edd2.jpg
c4bfbc7a9922727e03ba2b7f17fb90d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
What truck, what year? I noticed the skid plate and thought it looked like mine. I have an 07 Tahoe LTZ. Just changed the right CV, shock and spacer because the 4 inch lift is too much stress on it the shorter CV of the two, No more hard turning and less 4x4 use which is almost none anyway. The spring popped out upon removal! Haven't driven it yet to see if the noise is gone. When my passengers asked what that sound was, I said I have a flock of doves in there. My truck is from the US. Apparently trucks have been going to the US because of the dollar difference (thanks Trudeau!) for the last few years. I've noticed that I see a lot less 2nd-last gen trucks on the road. My skid plate collapsed at the front two bolts when about to jump on Hwy 11 in Muskoka back to Toronto. Had to rip it off, bye. I had the left rear pass. dr fender flare fly off on the way up there on another day. I watch my mirrors all the time and saw it go. In the Jetta pacing me, I watched the girl's face react with furrowed brow and jaw dropped. I just missed the turnaround between north/south so I had to go to the next and come back. When I parked to grab it, everyone though I was OPP radar! Tahoe.jpg

Last edited:

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey @Bigmac, Any of your buds still running the old Rotac 650's? And possibly changing out some power adders to play catch up with ya? If so let me know maybe interested in their old stuffs. Thx. Enjoy your machines and riding territory for sure.
You thinking crankers? Or? I don’t think so thou.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cranks, cams, and intakes. I know this engine is getting old and aftermarket add ons limited. Just thought I would ask. Don't know how big CanAm is out on your side of the world.
Ok, your thinking ds650? I mainly do old 2t stuff. I wasn’t sure if you were thinking the old crankinstine builds that put rotax 2t motors and hybrid built into banshees CF87081A-2191-44D2-BB92-7156FBD4F1C9.jpeg
Next time I’m down to my buddy shop I’ll ask him if he has any connections

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Beautiful fall colors!
Yup, I make sure I'm in cottage country during prime sugar maple turning. 1st week of October up north and 2nd week around Toronto/ Niagara. Went to Niagara last Oct, 76F all weekend. Too windy for cable car though. I'm 1.5 hrs from Niagara. I have to go around Lake Ontario, by boat its directly across the lake. That sugar maple is a famous one in Port Sidney, Muskoka

Last edited:

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What truck, what year? I noticed the skid plate and thought it looked like mine. I have an 07 Tahoe LTZ. Just changed the right CV, shock and spacer because the 4 inch lift is too much stress on it the shorter CV of the two, No more hard turning and less 4x4 use which is almost none anyway. The spring popped out upon removal! Haven't driven it yet to see if the noise is gone. When I passengers asked what that sound was, I said Ihave a flock of doves in there. My truck is from the US. Apparently trucks have been going to the US because of the dollar difference (thanks Trudeau!) for the last few years. I've noticed that I see a lot less second-last gen trucks on the road. My skid plate collapsed at the from two bolts when about to jump on 11 in Muskoka back to Toronto. Had to rip it off, bye. I had the left rear passenger door fender flare fly off on the way up there on another day. I watch my mirrors and saw it go. In the Jetta pacing me, I watched the girls face react with furrow brow and jaw dropped. I just missee the turnaround between north south so I had to go to the next and come back. When I parked to grab it, everyone though I was OPP radar!. View attachment 287482
Thats my 2011 sierra 1500. It has been reel good to me knock on wood.
One sensor went just out of waranty. And a mystery fuel level guage thing that was goin on one winter.
Good lookin tohoe ya got.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
3:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What truck, what year? I noticed the skid plate and thought it looked like mine. I have an 07 Tahoe LTZ. Just changed the right CV, shock and spacer because the 4 inch lift is too much stress on it the shorter CV of the two, No more hard turning and less 4x4 use which is almost none anyway. The spring popped out upon removal! Haven't driven it yet to see if the noise is gone. When my passengers asked what that sound was, I said I have a flock of doves in there. My truck is from the US. Apparently trucks have been going to the US because of the dollar difference (thanks Trudeau!) for the last few years. I've noticed that I see a lot less 2nd-last gen trucks on the road. My skid plate collapsed at the front two bolts when about to jump on Hwy 11 in Muskoka back to Toronto. Had to rip it off, bye. I had the left rear pass. dr fender flare fly off on the way up there on another day. I watch my mirrors all the time and saw it go. In the Jetta pacing me, I watched the girl's face react with furrowed brow and jaw dropped. I just missed the turnaround between north/south so I had to go to the next and come back. When I parked to grab it, everyone though I was OPP radar! View attachment 287482

CV shafts are the same side to side, fyi.
4 inches with I'm assuming front shock spacers never ends well on suspension components.
Even the 2" spacers are hell on them.

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Find the weim lol
1fd899e112079216ab40a024c4881f43.jpg

Nice. The fog lights make these trucks look a little better. I wish they made Ram-style tow mirrors for GM trucks, I'd throw them on my Tahoe. If anyone knows of that style, let me know where I can get them

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice. The fog lights make these trucks look a little better. I wish they made Ram-style tow mirrors for GM trucks, I'd throw them on my Tahoe. If anyone knows of that style, let me know where I can get them

They don't offer them for GM trucks so people wont make their trucks look ghey...

Leave that to the pros at Stellantis.
:D