Puter programs

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As what I'm doing is going to be turning into a business this year. What do you use to keep track of inventory and invoicing? Currently I have a old Dell Optiplex that's overly built into the home server and my "shop" pc. I have more then enough room for data to be put on it. Just no idea what programs to use.

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am using My Invoices &Estimates, It can track items although that is not its primary purpose. This is a dual entry type of accounting program. It is a bit of a pain when something gets out of wack but it is a inexpensive program. No limit on # of invoices which is some what typical of most cheap programs. I have some experience with other complete systems costing a lot $$$$. If you do not need payroll that saves a bunch of cash. Some programs can be bought in modules- invoice, inventory, payroll, income vs expenses. The problem that comes up is how far the chipmakers push the operating system bit wise. I have an old complete system 8 bit( lot of $$$ wayback ( this is all on floppies ) it is no longer able to be run on todays equipment, had another program from the mid 90's and again it will not work with 64 bit systems. I really liked that one because it was a single entry accounting /inventory system and not sensitive to things like periods dashes slash marks ect. example- on current program entering a address like W. 89th Ave. would get you an error code locking things up. Those 2 periods can't be there in the address line. Common error as this is how you would properly write it

Nolan

Active OPE Member
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello, there are tones of good invoicing and inventory software on the market such as ArboStar, Arbogold, Jobber, etc. The one you choose will depend on your specific business needs. For us, we are using ArboStar because of its simplicity and ability to manage every aspect of our business.