High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

powersaw clean up

Gebada22

Active OPE Member
Local time
6:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Great tips. I have been wondering what you all use.

LoneOak

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Must dilute it big time. Ruins paint finish, turns paint dull.

Ya, it will if you let it set for too long, 10 min not long enough to incur any damage.

...and eats aluminum.

It will certainly discolor aluminum, I have never seen it "eat" or dissolve aluminum, 10 min soak not long enough to do any damage. Magnesium is mostly unaffected by it.
I have/will also use dawn dish soap when I run out of Breakleen for the PTO side.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya, it will if you let it set for too long, 10 min not long enough to incur any damage.

It will certainly discolor aluminum, I have never seen it "eat" or dissolve aluminum, 10 min soak not long enough to do any damage. Magnesium is mostly unaffected by it.
I have/will also use dawn dish soap when I run out of Breakleen for the PTO side.

Well, I suppose that all would depend on what one's definition of dissolve is. While technically speaking yes everything is still there as it was, however the outside "darkened layer" is like rotten or crumbly when worked.
One case was a cylinder that was left overnight to soak in it. The threads pulled right out of the exhaust port. You could grip a fin anywhere with a pliers and a chunk would fall off.
Another case was when I took and dropped a carburetor in a jar filled with Purple Power and it was like I dropped Alka Seltzer in it instead, foam just rolled off of it and by the time it took to retrieve it and rinse it off it turned black already.
That was enough "cases" for me I didn't need to see anything more, especially when there are excellent substitutes out there that will actually brighten the aluminum and brass.
Not wanting to ruin anyone's fun, but that was enough for me.

LoneOak

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Overnight?!.... I only soak chain overnight in undiluted Purple Power/Super Clean.
I use Berryman's Chem Dip for carbs and fuel system parts.

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had all purpose cleaners like super clean, purple power, simple green, ect. fade plastic and paint.....pissed me off.

I've started using gas and diesel with good results. The reason I'm mixing diesel is to cut down on the gas fumes when working. I use air pressure to get the nooks and bolt heads.

LoneOak

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How to clean a dirty chainsaw!

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope, not me. It's your equipment clean it how you like. Purple power or Super clean and water, I will pass.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
3:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m guessing it’s a good idea to thoroughly blow it out and run it to dry it off…