Hilltopper46

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi. I just purchased a Poulan 2150 for $20 off a FB Marketplace ad. Included were an extra chain and a case. It's too early to see if this is qualifies as a good deal.

So far I have found that the fuel lines were completely incorrectly routed and the line from the tank appears to be the original and needs to be replaced. The fitting for the fuel return is missing. Parts are ordered to fix all that.

So yesterday I thought I would see why the brake wasn't working. The lever moved back and forth but there was no corresponding movement on the brake band. I was removing the Philips head screws from (what turned out to be) the spring cover when the spring left the vicinity of the workbench and I heard it hit the wall on the other side of the shop. Well; I do a lot of things in my shop and the spring is not to be found.

Anyway, there seems to be no parts breakdown on the brake and clutch cover. Is there a part number for that spring? This is the compression spring under the clutch cover behind a plastic cover held in place with 4 Philips head screws - NOT the spring up in the handle.

I think I have the problem figured out - the handle had been put back together with the extension of the spring in the handle on the wrong side of the release tang for the brake. I can now actuate the brake band with the handle - I just need the compression spring to keep things locked in the run position.

If someone could supply me with a part number it would be highly appreciated. if someone has one they would like to sell me that would be appreciated as well. Used is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Hilltopper46

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got lucky - it was in a pile of shavings near my wood lathe. I shut the lathe off to come in for lunch, turned toward the door and it caught my eye. I'm going to have to post here more often when I loose stuff in the shop!! :):D

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Big items normally show up a few days after I order replacements...little springs all too often are found when I step on them...then it's too late.

Mark