Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
9:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My blue tick, and walker. View attachment 28924
Back in my Corps days stationed at MCAS Cherry Point and living in New Bern, NC, all the coastal and many other inland counties run deer with dogs. Some wknds we'd load up pickup dog boxes with 8-10 dozen Walkers and Beagles altogether, and it was running deer 101 all wknd long. I'd a heap much rather stand or still hunted, but that method of hunting just don't pan out too well when everybody and their brothers are unloading hundreds of dogs in the Croatan National Forest woods every wknd and all throughout the work week when hunting folks would take vacation time. Could shoot the hell outta some deer though.

Last edited:

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Back in my Corps days stationed at MCAS Cherry Point and living in New Bern, NC, all the coastal and many other inland counties run deer with dogs. Some wknds we'd load up pickup dog boxes with 8-10 dozen Walkers and Beagles altogether, and it was running deer 101 all wknd long. I'd a heap much rather stand or still hunted, but that method of hunting just don't pan out too well when everybody and their brothers are unloading hundreds of dogs in the Croatan National Forest woods every wknd and all throughout the work week when hunters would take vacation time. Could shoot the hell outta some deer though.
My walker ran a deer one night when we were coon hunting I liked to never found him. He almost spent the night in the woods.We had a "come to jesus" meeting and he hasnt done it since. My bluetick would rather hunt for a good place to nap then hunt but that's alright she's a great family dog.