Old Men and Old saw's

Cantdog

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another great vid.......Real good to see that old 80 throwing piles of chips!!! Had to laugh at the 2X4 through the trigger handle for starting!!! They do pull over with great resistance!!! I've suffered numerous black screech marks between my fingers over the years when one of my 80's decided it wanted the rope back......right now!!!!

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
3:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another great vid.......Real good to see that old 80 throwing piles of chips!!! Had to laugh at the 2X4 through the trigger handle for starting!!! They do pull over with great resistance!!! I've suffered numerous black screech marks between my fingers over the years when one of my 80's decided it wanted the rope back......right now!!!!

I've always considered the 80 to be a factory hot-rod. The 90 is a nice runner as well. I've never had an 801 to compare...

Cantdog

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've always considered the 80 to be a factory hot-rod. The 90 is a nice runner as well. I've never had an 801 to compare...
About the same as the 80......same P&C. Basically the 801 is a 90 with and 80 top end. Or to look at from a different direction...the 801 is a 80 with the upgraded air filtration of the 90. All good old saws but the 80 holds dear in my heart....spent many hrs on the business end of one. Always loved the sound in the woods...that mellow sound of power!