Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
10:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Figured I would take a pic without all the insulation. Welding glove for perspective. The center section still has to go up a good 6" yet. But I gotta get the back caught up.

Evening fellas

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Figured I would take a pic without all the insulation. Welding glove for perspective. The center section still has to go up a good 6" yet. But I gotta get the back caught up.

Evening fellas
That's crazy Joe. You wearing a respirator in there?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Red97 said:

Evening fellas
So you are just filling that with weld? And what is that?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ive never used the fresh air setup but i have seen it and it looks like it would be a pain unless your in one place all the time and something taking the weight of the hose off your neck

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

From this.

This is one I welded up 2 years ago. The current one has more cut out.

To this once we/I mill it all off.

This ^^ is a smaller press, but it is the same concept, welded up and milled flat.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice it sounds similar to a auto painting fresh air set up.

Similar.

ive never used the fresh air setup but i have seen it and it looks like it would be a pain unless your in one place all the time and something taking the weight of the hose off your neck

It is, and it does.

I just have to cool air flowing, blows the smoke out of the hood.

But I'm not moving around. Just sit in the chair and lean. The hose is a pain most the time, I tried to wire it to the wall, it melted in two lol.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
joe what is the estimated weight of what your putting back in before milling off

Wire weight will be between 13-14k actual weld weight will be 6-8k I'm not sure on the loss rate with the slag.

The last pad we did, took 3/8" from high to low on a 48x70" pad. We impressed ourselves with that one. But they screwed up and had us put 1 1/2" to much to begin with. That sucks hogging out that much. This will probably be the same way, cause they don't have a clue what components are going to be used for assembly.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wire weight will be between 13-14k actual weld weight will be 6-8k I'm not sure on the loss rate with the slag.

The last pad we did, took 3/8" from high to low on a 48x70" pad. We impressed ourselves with that one. But they screwed up and had us put 1 1/2" to much to begin with. That sucks hogging out that much. This will probably be the same way, cause they don't have a clue what components are going to be used for assembly.
I'd like to see some pics of the milling setup when the time comes. If you're allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.