Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice cooler weather today but up to 36°c average for most of the week:(
Evening todd hows it going thats 96.8 f at 9 f saturday maybe the frozen oak i was cutting was similar in hardness to that good lookin wood you were cutting the other day lol

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
8:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Evening todd hows it going thats 96.8 f at 9 f saturday maybe the frozen oak i was cutting was similar in hardness to that good lookin wood you were cutting the other day lol
Good morning Dave I would love you to come cutting with me just so you could see how hard it really is stay safe out there today :D

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Winter slumber time out there in the part of the veg beds you can see in the pic...i get growing in ernest around March depending on the conditions. G house is a big + if you have space .
Toms and salad crops work better for me inside .
Are you familiar with the 5 gallon bucket method for growing tomatoes sorry 19 litres it's very space efficient no damage little to no insects i used to do it all the time.
Check it out instructions on the internet.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got you...I sometimes cant work out the initials used on locations.
Simondo serious topic what happened to alpina chainsaws lol
Are you familiar with them i saw they still sell them there.
I have some 600i saws i would put up against most new saws all my coils are bad they stopped coming in us 20 years ago.
Edit alpina was also badged as castor i forgot.

Last edited:

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Are you familiar with the 5 gallon bucket method for growing tomatoes sorry 19 litres it's very space efficient no damage little to no insects i used to do it all the time.
Check it out instructions on the internet.
Dont worry...I am of a age that IMP and Metric was taught at school :).
Are you talking of..Ring Culture.. where you have a bottomless container filled with the growing medium and then sitting on sand /gravel ? .
Feed the top and water the bottom .

Last edited:

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Simondo serious topic what happened to alpina chainsaws lol
Are you familiar with them i saw they still sell them there.
I have some 600i saws i would put up against most new saws all my coils are bad they stopped coming in us 20 years ago.
Only thing I have any come across was a "Alpina " weed whacker. Italian made brand but not that common at all here.
600i...not a rebranded Dolmar was it ?? or is that the 6000i

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a bargain hard to pull a sickie (day off)

I'm running lead on this project. Taking a day off don't get me home any sooner. Every 1lb of weld I put in is 1lb closer to being done :)

I know Australia is rather large, but we had a exchange student from Australia. She was pretty funny. Can't remember exactly where now...

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only thing I have any come across was a "Alpina " weed whacker. Italian made brand but not that common at all here.
600i...not a rebranded Dolmar was it ?? or is that the 6000i
They are their own design italian professional design started in 1960 still in business rebranded as al-ko and others as well they used to make some very good pro saws trying to make coils up for mine.
What saws you run I've got stihls huskys dolmars echoes alpina and homelites lol use the husky 288 and echo 590 mainly same bar and chain setup.

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dont worry...I am of a age that IMP and Metric was taught at school :).
Are you talking of..Ring Culture.. where you have a bottomless container filled with the growing medium and then sitting on sand /gravel ? .
Feed the top and water the bottom .
similar but being lazy i drill four one half inch holes for moisture overflow buckets still intact works very well deers ate everything before when i had a large garden haha this way i could grow more in much less space clean too.
Janice a lady that works for me lives in town and had 4 buckets on her balcony someone waited until they were ready and stole the buckets and all lol

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning guys. Time to go to bed for you Joe

Not yet, I have been craving taco bell, I'm fixing to get some. Sucks the closest one is 30 miles. Oh well the truck needs to run some anyway.

-1*f here couldn't have been much more than 40* inside I still got a chill.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
similar but being lazy i drill four one half inch holes for moisture overflow buckets still intact works very well deers ate everything before when i had a large garden haha this way i could grow more in much less space clean too.
Janice a lady that works for me lives in town and had 4 buckets on her balcony someone waited until they were ready and stole the buckets and all lol
I grow inside to help with "Blight" on the Toms....outside there often done for and and unless we get a hot spell ,take a age to ripen up.

Status
Not open for further replies.