Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
3:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not too bad.
Just trying to figure out what I'm taking to Kevin's.
Driving my little cracker jack car. So there won't be lots of extra room.
Well you got some difficult decisions to make lol. That real nice 288 would be fun.

Local time
6:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Caution; long read!!

On Sunday morning a buddy had a breakdown with his equipment and needed a hand moving his dump truck, tag along electric-hydraulic dump trailer and skid steer. No problem, especially with the up coming hurricane. Meet up, hop in the truck and roll out down the highway. About 2 miles later I run into a decent cloud burst, have to slow way down. Get through the cloud burst, start to accelerate up to speed and run through a construction repair in the road which was a pretty good whoopdy-doo type bump. Keep driving and accelerating from 25ish to the speed limit of 55mph. Mind you the road is under construction so I am not pushing it at all. Go under an over pass just past the bump and about a half mile later i feel a little “wiggle” in the ass of the dump truck; take my foot off the throttle and check the mirrors but everything looks good. Another “wiggle” and again I look in the mirror and see nothing, almost felt like I lost the inner tire on the rear axle. So I attempt to reach up to put the truck in neutral so i can coast to the side of the road to check it out. Never got the chance. The back of the dump truck shifts VIOLENTLY to the driver’s side and then all I see is dirt, sunshine, dirt. I never even got to 45mph.

I am hanging upside down by the seatbelt, both hands still on the wheel. Reach up and turn off engine. Quick function check of my body; all still attached, no spurting blood, nothing bent in funny directions. Look around to ensure cab is safe. Release seat belt. Get my bearings and look through the windows, dirt all around with sun in the driver’s side. No fuel or hazards that I can see through the glass. Sit on my butt, take aim and kick out the window with my heel. As I do my phone starts to ring. Where is my phone?!?! I look around and its up in the passenger side foot well under the dash. Answer the phone and tell him its bad. Truck is *f-wordered bad but i’m ok. He almost sounds like he doesn’t believe me. I am literally self extracting and talking with him. Pedestrians have stopped and are scrambling to see if I am ok.

Establish I am ok, hobble up the 10-12 ft embankment to the roadway. All sorts of people have stopped to see if anyone is hurt. These 2 women come running down the road towards us, 1 is in tears. They start asking if anyone checked the truck. I told them I kicked out the window and crawled out, they both literally hugged me. Turns out they watched the entire accident happen and it was so violent that when they called 911 she told the dispatcher that there was no way anyone could have survived. QRV shows up and 2 individuals rush over expecting a fatality with one providing info on radio. Brush truck comes screeching up and firefighters depart and we wave them over. They were expecting and extricaction. QRV lowers the call out via radio as EMS shows up. Snatch me up and start going over me amazed I am alive.

Per the witnesses the dump body on the trailer was UP, in the raised position. The trailer waved back and forth 2 times, then the entire truck SHOT off the road, was semi airborne as it rolled the 1st time, the skid steer flew out of the trailer after the 1st roll, was airborne and rolled 2 more times after it landed, the truck rolled over again with the trailer still attached, jack-knifed at 90* and came to rest upside down.

Turns out the hydro-electric pump was triggered somehow, most likely during the big bump. The body wasn’t up enough to catch the overpass 1/2 mile earlier. The front strap holding the skid steer broke allowing it to shift from the front of the trailer to the rear, impacting the gate and causing leverage on the tongue which lifted the back of the truck off the ground. This happened at the same time I left off the throttle and was looking in the mirrors. The violent shift to the driver’s side was the ass end of the truck raising up off the ground and momentum causing the trailer to jack-knife the truck and when the rear tires came back down and touched the pavement it shot me straight forward, off the road.

Long story, but I walked away from the accident. Everyone was incredulous that I survived let alone walked away with literally a seat belt bruise on my left shoulder and several small cuts on my right wrist from crawling out of the broken window. Everything was insured. No other people involved. No actual injuries. 150 ft further down the road was the beginning of a 1/3 mile long bridge over a swamp.

Long story, but for a reason. I did everything I was supposed to, as I was supposed and was being conscientious with everything I did. The trailer malfunctioned and could have killed me or others. There were NO mechanical interference items (locks or tie-downs) on the body of the trailer to keep it from moving un-expectantly. Most dumptrucks and other utilities don’t have these locks. I’m not advocating for them, or pushing for gov intervention, i’m just saying be aware that this is a distinct possibility.

I will post pics of the wreck once cleared to do so.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol this one is a oiled non v twin. It's going to be a oiled v twin this time lol. Might check out the Harbor freight pumps who knows.
well at least your set up for it. Mone has the motor and pump as a single unit. Not sure if I can repurpose the motor

I'm taking my black ski mask....I'll be one of the bruthas and they won't meth with me. Lol
gonna pick up @big t double in Chiraqi?

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just sat down to relax. Have you been running your 266 much? I need to run mine some more and do some final tuning.
Ran a couple gallons through it
Since i got it.
Has a 24 on it now
Been running the 268 since i got it
Using a 20 with old chain's
Hit several wire's and
Crap today
Need to run them side by side
They are both strong runner's

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Caution; long read!!

On Sunday morning a buddy had a breakdown with his equipment and needed a hand moving his dump truck, tag along electric-hydraulic dump trailer and skid steer. No problem, especially with the up coming hurricane. Meet up, hop in the truck and roll out down the highway. About 2 miles later I run into a decent cloud burst, have to slow way down. Get through the cloud burst, start to accelerate up to speed and run through a construction repair in the road which was a pretty good whoopdy-doo type bump. Keep driving and accelerating from 25ish to the speed limit of 55mph. Mind you the road is under construction so I am not pushing it at all. Go under an over pass just past the bump and about a half mile later i feel a little “wiggle” in the ass of the dump truck; take my foot off the throttle and check the mirrors but everything looks good. Another “wiggle” and again I look in the mirror and see nothing, almost felt like I lost the inner tire on the rear axle. So I attempt to reach up to put the truck in neutral so i can coast to the side of the road to check it out. Never got the chance. The back of the dump truck shifts VIOLENTLY to the driver’s side and then all I see is dirt, sunshine, dirt. I never even got to 45mph.

I am hanging upside down by the seatbelt, both hands still on the wheel. Reach up and turn off engine. Quick function check of my body; all still attached, no spurting blood, nothing bent in funny directions. Look around to ensure cab is safe. Release seat belt. Get my bearings and look through the windows, dirt all around with sun in the driver’s side. No fuel or hazards that I can see through the glass. Sit on my butt, take aim and kick out the window with my heel. As I do my phone starts to ring. Where is my phone?!?! I look around and its up in the passenger side foot well under the dash. Answer the phone and tell him its bad. Truck is *f-wordered bad but i’m ok. He almost sounds like he doesn’t believe me. I am literally self extracting and talking with him. Pedestrians have stopped and are scrambling to see if I am ok.

Establish I am ok, hobble up the 10-12 ft embankment to the roadway. All sorts of people have stopped to see if anyone is hurt. These 2 women come running down the road towards us, 1 is in tears. They start asking if anyone checked the truck. I told them I kicked out the window and crawled out, they both literally hugged me. Turns out they watched the entire accident happen and it was so violent that when they called 911 she told the dispatcher that there was no way anyone could have survived. QRV shows up and 2 individuals rush over expecting a fatality with one providing info on radio. Brush truck comes screeching up and firefighters depart and we wave them over. They were expecting and extricaction. QRV lowers the call out via radio as EMS shows up. Snatch me up and start going over me amazed I am alive.

Per the witnesses the dump body on the trailer was UP, in the raised position. The trailer waved back and forth 2 times, then the entire truck SHOT off the road, was semi airborne as it rolled the 1st time, the skid steer flew out of the trailer after the 1st roll, was airborne and rolled 2 more times after it landed, the truck rolled over again with the trailer still attached, jack-knifed at 90* and came to rest upside down.

Turns out the hydro-electric pump was triggered somehow, most likely during the big bump. The body wasn’t up enough to catch the overpass 1/2 mile earlier. The front strap holding the skid steer broke allowing it to shift from the front of the trailer to the rear, impacting the gate and causing leverage on the tongue which lifted the back of the truck off the ground. This happened at the same time I left off the throttle and was looking in the mirrors. The violent shift to the driver’s side was the ass end of the truck raising up off the ground and momentum causing the trailer to jack-knife the truck and when the rear tires came back down and touched the pavement it shot me straight forward, off the road.

Long story, but I walked away from the accident. Everyone was incredulous that I survived let alone walked away with literally a seat belt bruise on my left shoulder and several small cuts on my right wrist from crawling out of the broken window. Everything was insured. No other people involved. No actual injuries. 150 ft further down the road was the beginning of a 1/3 mile long bridge over a swamp.

Long story, but for a reason. I did everything I was supposed to, as I was supposed and was being conscientious with everything I did. The trailer malfunctioned and could have killed me or others. There were NO mechanical interference items (locks or tie-downs) on the body of the trailer to keep it from moving un-expectantly. Most dumptrucks and other utilities don’t have these locks. I’m not advocating for them, or pushing for gov intervention, i’m just saying be aware that this is a distinct possibility.

What kind of switch is on them to dump it?

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Caution; long read!!

Can't like that buddy, sure am glad your OK

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
3:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Caution; long read!!

Glad to hear your ok.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Caution; long read!!

Now that's musta been one hell of a ride. Good to hear you're alright. Definitely coulda been worse.

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Caution; long read!!

Thankfully you were wearing your seat belt!

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Caution; long read!!

Glad you are ok, What a ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.