Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
6:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning Mike what's that in the crankcase or is it an illusion

It had all kinds of I don't know what in the crankcase. It will be a full teardown and rebuild.

Dat's da Yoop!

They're a hot rod stock Mike. The few that I've seen had gobs of compression.

Just mod the muffler and go. Timing on mine is 26 degree's don't fug wit it.

It needs a piston and ring. What do you think about meteor?

That's exactly what Steve said. He said they are a little better than oem.

The original had an encapsulated skirt, the Meteor is open like a 268 piston, lets it rev faster, higher. = betterer. I believe if you order one from Husqvarna today you get a 268 piston, just like the meteor, three times the price.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
4:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dat's da Yoop!

Just mod the muffler and go. Timing on mine is 26 degree's don't fug wit it.

The original had an encapsulated skirt, the Meteor is open like a 268 piston, lets it rev faster, higher. = betterer. I believe if you order one from Husqvarna today you get a 268 piston, just like the meteor, three times the price.
I'm going to go with the Meteor, for the price you can't beat it. It actually looks like a stronger piston to me. The intake side of the piston on the saw is scored pretty good, and just not worth saving imo.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's the difference in the two pistons in question for the 266. Weight doesn't matter as you can't get the old style anyways.

View attachment 78616
Good morning Steve, how are you doing? Thank you for the pic, I like the look of the Meteor better. I'm not sure how much the weight will effect it anyways.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
morning steve hows you

Good just got done putting the feed trough on my cousin, really piled it on him this morning, and he ate every bite, don't know where he put it all. He was telling me they(him and his son) were clearing a lot(in excavation business) and he was using the little 254 I built for him last year, his son was running a JRed 2171 or some such thing and they raced bucking a big log. He said he beat the bigger saw and his son was pissed. Just when I thought I was maybe going to get an atta boy, he says "So I told my son all the rest of the day he was a bad operator". Then he laughed.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So got your feet up like normal lol.

Edit: Didn't mean to quote that.

Trust me, my saw cuts like scalded Monkey Nuts and all I did to modify it was cut the little flap off the muffler outlet. The rest is bone stock sans the Meteor piston and rings.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Edit: Didn't mean to quote that.

Trust me, my saw cuts like scalded Monkey Nuts and all I did to modify it was cut the little flap off the muffler outlet. The rest is bone stock sans the Meteor piston and rings.
Kind of makes ya wonder why they left that flap there in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.