Not open for further replies.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
6:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, for the past two months I've been doing nothing but trying to find a new vehicle. Most evenings and weekends have been spent car shopping. My current truck is a work Truck and seeing I'm starting a new job as of July 1 I'll be needing a new ride. I've been scouring Craigslist around here and in Texas.

What started out looking for something Cheaper so we could pay cash. I always said I refuse to go into debt for a vehicle. It's just a personal decision me and Lisa have made years ago.

When I started shopping I was finding that $5000 more would buy a much nicer vehicle, so we looked into loans. Then once we started shopping around even more we thought, well if we spend $5000-10000 more yet we can get something super nice and get phenomenal interest rates for 2-3 year old trucks. We were then looking at stuff that was twice our original budget.

After a lot of thinking we decided to say screw it and go back to the original plan and get a beater until we saved enough.

Then Lisa found a jeep Wrangler. She wanted to look at it. That's a vehicle she always wanted. When we started dating she said that she was going to get one as soon as she graduated college. Of course we then got married and then had kids...

We started looking at them and and found a lot in our price range but they were all in rough shape. Until yesterday.

IMG_0594.JPG IMG_0595.JPG

It's the cleanest one and best maintained one we could find. The owner is a service manager at the local Dodge / Jeep dealership and all the work and service was done there. It's still a little rough, but for 20 years old I don't expect anything to be perfect. But it's solid and if we get a lot of use out of it I've got something solid to build.
If we have fun with it as a family we may ditch buying a new camper. I think we will get more use out of this than a camper only 2-3 weekends a year.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, for the past two months I've been doing nothing but trying to find a new vehicle. Most evenings and weekends have been spent car shopping. My current truck is a work Truck and seeing I'm starting a new job as of July 1 I'll be needing a new ride. I've been scouring Craigslist around here and in Texas.

What started out looking for something Cheaper so we could pay cash. I always said I refuse to go into debt for a vehicle. It's just a personal decision me and Lisa have made years ago.

When I started shopping I was finding that $5000 more would buy a much nicer vehicle, so we looked into loans. Then once we started shopping around even more we thought, well if we spend $5000-10000 more yet we can get something super nice and get phenomenal interest rates for 2-3 year old trucks. We were then looking at stuff that was twice our original budget.

After a lot of thinking we decided to say screw it and go back to the original plan and get a beater until we saved enough.

Then Lisa found a jeep Wrangler. She wanted to look at it. That's a vehicle she always wanted. When we started dating she said that she was going to get one as soon as she graduated college. Of course we then got married and then had kids...

We started looking at them and and found a lot in our price range but they were all in rough shape. Until yesterday.

View attachment 72640 View attachment 72641

It's the cleanest one and best maintained one we could find. The owner is a service manager at the local Dodge / Jeep dealership and all the work and service was done there. It's still a little rough, but for 20 years old I don't expect anything to be perfect. But it's solid and if we get a lot of use out of it I've got something solid to build.
If we have fun with it as a family we may ditch buying a new camper. I think we will get more use out of this than a camper only 2-3 weekends a year.

Nice looking Jeep, you get both tops?

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
3:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Good morning Ross. Did ya buy the Jeep?

Magnumitis

Kevin in Arkansas
Local time
5:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score

IMG_20170603_121802.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.