Status
Not open for further replies.

expert of nothing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Brian how ya doing friend. This probably won't help much but them things have a dip tube that picks up water from bottom of tank, and iv'e heard of the tube coming loose.Sounds goofy. But if it happens they'll pull water off the top and it won't be but warm. Also did you check resistance of each element not just V.

expert of nothing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Brian how ya doing friend. This probably won't help much but them things have a dip tube that picks up water from bottom of tank, and iv'e heard of the tube coming loose.Sounds goofy. But if it happens they'll pull water off the top and it won't be but warm. Also did you check resistance of each element not just V.
One thing Brian I forgot, the bottom is the primary, so the top element don't alway's run when the bottom one does. Hope some of my BS helps. Good luck sir.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Calcium in city water ate mine up 4 to 5 years which it's hard to get a good hot water tank now that will last that long.

Thats the truth.

When we moved into our house the original water heater was still in the basement. The thing was huge. Lisa's grandpa said that it was one of the first water heaters in the area. He bought it used in the 50's or 60's if I remember right...

It was still working until we moved in 8 years ago and I put in a gas heater that was more efficient. The thing is still in the basement because its way to big and heavy to get up the stairs and out of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.