Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
1:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welp....been a long day of Removing Privileges. Must be @Mastermind bed time.
We had two calves born today. Both were from first year heifers. One of those heifers bled pretty bad....which attracted a flock of black buzzards. We spent most of the day standing watch over the calves to be sure the buzzards didn't rip out their eyes. I'm tired.....its been a long day. And....you're absolutely right, it is my bedtime.

Thankfully out of 17 momma cows, we've had 15 healthy calves born. I'll be glad to see those last two born.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good Morning / Evening All. We seemed to have faired better over night than expected as not quite as cold and windy as they predicted this morning, We aren’t done with this cold weather yet and I’m really getting tired of it.
If it makes you feel any better Gary, my wife found a tick on her the other day you are at least avoiding those for now. Silver lining?

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning folks. Weather can't make up its mind on what season it wants to present to us for the next few rotations. 19 to 32f today. The guessers are claiming freezing rain and possibly some snows starting Thursday evening and lasting for a few days. We could use the moistures, as it very dry, way to much fire danger.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
2:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it makes you feel any better Gary, my wife found a tick on her the other day you are at least avoiding those for now. Silver lining?
Same here. Wifey had one on her back the other day. Hadn’t been in the woods but she’s always messing with those damn horses.