Not So Pro 3

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@3browns. Made it to Bass Pro last night. These couple of streamers followed me back. Not a trout stream in sight out here View attachment 434798
Love that mouse and the Krystal Bugger at lower left

Yeah, Nevada is not exactly a trout destination

When I lived there we were up on the Idaho border and there were some ponds with enormous trout but the one river that I fished hard for a year and a half I never even saw a single fish of any kind, not even bait fish. It flowed down out of gold mining areas and I thought maybe it had been killed out by mining chemicals. The funny thing was there was soooo much in the way of aquatic insects that trout would have just been in heaven, but no trout. Maybe it had been poisoned out, recovered to the point the insects were thriving, but needed to be stocked or something

:thinking:

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wtf do you catching with these? Do i even wanna know?View attachment 434815
Large trout love mice and voles and will readily come to the surface for a bite of food that big

You cast them up near or under a cutbank or even on a cutbank if it's not overgrown, plop it onto the water hard like it fell in, and then twitch them like the mouse fell in and is struggling

Hits are violent

Pike will charge them as well but if it is a larger one they almost always shred the leader and take off with the fly

Pretty much the same strategy as fishing a grasshopper pattern, just a much bigger bite

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag