Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Should be OSHA 500 certified by tomorrow afternoon. I went to Bass Pro Shop again tonight. Bought about 75 bucks worth of trout flies. Now i just gotta buy a fly rod
Ha, could have bought a kit for that much $ and made your own :p
Cortland makes good, basic rods.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
3:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Y'all are handy folks.
FiL took the rear brakes off the BILs mitsi ute. One side only luckily before he admitted to being over his head.
Mrs sent me out to see what I could do. I copied the existing side in reverse but it still was somewhat of a sucky job.

Is there just a knack to getting all those springs and clips and ratchet pawls together in some reasonable space of time? I bozo'd my way to a result but had to have a few goes at it.
20240628_142310.jpg

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
10:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Y'all are handy folks.
FiL took the rear brakes off the BILs mitsi ute. One side only luckily before he admitted to being over his head.
Mrs sent me out to see what I could do. I copied the existing side in reverse but it still was somewhat of a sucky job.

Is there just a knack to getting all those springs and clips and ratchet pawls together in some reasonable space of time? I bozo'd my way to a result but had to have a few goes at it.
View attachment 424177
You did the right thing by trying to mirror the opposite side. There’s a handy little brake spring tool I bought at a parts house for like $8 a while ago, and that really aids in installing the springs. My method for setting the adjusters may not be 100% right, but I’ve always adjusted them out until I get a light drag on the drum when spinning by hand.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
11:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These powered lifts are quite the commodity around here, so when they are removed we store them on one of our semi trailers in the yard until needed. This one popped a breaker when it was plugged in, so our color-blind machinist decided to open it up. After asking me which wires were which color a few times, I suggested he let the hammer donkey repair it. Next thing you know he showed up with a sheet of Panduit labels for me to apply. Problem solved:rolleyes:PXL_20240627_110410524.MP.jpg
Good morning.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning / Evening All. Ran held off long enough for Elliott and his grade 6 classmates to celebrate the end of the school year and change to a new school next year. Started drizzling shortly after they finished the fireworks and hasn’t stopped yet. Tonight we’ll take Watson to T’s step-brother for him to look after while they figure out what is happening with his mom. If he could learn to *s-word in the yard instead of sneaking off and doing it somewhere in the house he would be more welcome to stay longer as they dogs do get along and like each other.

IMG_6562.jpeg

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Like Ken, it’s been raining here again since last night.
Must have been a good sized front this time, as I'm at the up north place. The misses was saying she was watering the yard and garden (her way of saying it's raining) near sunset last evening and had been steady for a while.