Yearly GoldMember
Local time
8:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Isn't a dry pond a bit of a waste of time? 🤷🏽‍♂️
We'd call that a hole.
It’s also known as a diversion dam. We build a dike in a waterway, just as you would to make a pond, but in the middle, at the bottom, is a culvert with anti-cavitation baffle. This way during heavy rains, the “pond” can fill up but is immediately draining at a rate calculated by some overpaid engineer, through the culvert. Helps prevent washouts, and allows more green space for growing hay, etc..

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
2:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s also known as a diversion dam. We build a dike in a waterway, just as you would to make a pond, but in the middle, at the bottom, is a culvert with anti-cavitation baffle. This way during heavy rains, the “pond” can fill up but is immediately draining at a rate calculated by some overpaid engineer, through the culvert. Helps prevent washouts, and allows more green space for growing hay, etc..
You said "dike". 🤭

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How's the misses Michael?
Hey Larry, thanks for checking up and asking

Her surgery is really doing well, they are very pleased with her continuing recovery

She was doing PT several times a week before she went on her trip and was making progress

She starts PT again next week and she also wears this weird electronic gizmo that supposedly stimulates bone growth via EM waves

It is like a collar and is battery powered and she wears it 4 hours a day, for the foreseeable future anyway

It seemed like a gimmick to me but apparently it is legit

Now, if she just hadn't brought Covid home and shared it with me things would be just dandy...

Oh well

I hope you guys are doing good, it was sure touch and go there during all the storms, lots of fingers and toes crossed on my end

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are fortunate not to live in the flat part of the state. While tornadoes do happen, they usually are small ones. I am not worried about them, just don't want one. Glad Mrs. Brown is doing well. Just be glad t was COVID and not the bird flu! Or whatever the next election year scary thing they will come up with next. Lol