The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
7:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That pic is with the new chain.
I had to remove the old chain to get the holding fixture on, so it was out of time.

If you look at the shoe on the right, you can see the tensioner plunger was fully extended

This is the old chain..
View attachment 417285
That’s a lot of chain!

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
6:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you ever get a easy job?

Once in a while.
I dont mind the challenging stuff, really. But when everyone else is doing brakes, used and new inspections and stuff it does at times get me irritated. I wouldnt find something simple once in a while
He will get bored with any other career paths John. LOL
Incorrect.
If I could find someone to pay me to go ride around on my motorcycle or hunting, I'd be just fine!

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morena E Hoas.
It's Anzac Day here, a public holiday memorial for the Nz and Australian armed forces.
View attachment 417310

So my wife's boss was telling her how her youngest daughter got on a plane to NZ with a suitcase of clothes and some cash.
She bought a camper van and is now living in it doing some type of work on a fruit farm of some sort? She was saying there's a bunch of people who do that... Ever hear of it?

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
12:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So my wife's boss was telling her how her youngest daughter got on a plane to NZ with a suitcase of clothes and some cash.
She bought a camper van and is now living in it doing some type of work on a fruit farm of some sort? She was saying there's a bunch of people who do that... Ever hear of it?
Yep.
She's probably a Woofer. No jokes.
It's a volunteer thing where the landowner houses and feeds and educates foreigners in return for some labour.
Screenshot_20240425_100554_Chrome.jpg

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep.
It's a volunteer thing where the landowner houses and feeds and educates foreigners in return for some labour.
View attachment 417317
A friend if mine in South Dakota has a very large family farm where they specialize in vegetables. They have people drive up and park their RV’s in the farm yard and work a few hours a day in the gardens pulling weeds and harvesting, in exchange for free “rent” and meals also. Some stay for the season, others just a week or 2 and move on.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep.
View attachment 417317
Thats a thing in Hawaii as well

We picked one up hitchhiking once

Big mistake, soap was not part of the equation apparently

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just pulled up all my 4' reflective snow chucking stakes from the perimeter of the driveway and parking

If you wake up in the morning and a giant ice wall is looming on the northern horizon, wooly mammoths are roaming your veg patch, and the weatherman is predicting the next ice age, my sorry

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Evening gents. Neighbor was trying to use a branch trimming saw to remove parts of a elm that had been carved maybe 5 years ago.
I shouldn't have but I was a OK neighbor for a few minutes.