redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
5:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning guys.

Got a call from my Dad yesterday, his truck picked up a heavy vibration, couldn't go 25mph. Was able to get off the interstate. He looked it over, but didn't see anything.
I found them a dealer nearby, but they couldn't look at it. They ended up a bit further away at Mitch Smith Chevrolet in Cullman AL.
Dad dropped the 5th wheel and they took a look. The left rear had broken the belts and was about ready to explode.
They didn't have the right size E range tire in stock, but had a used C range.
They put the spare on, put the C tire on the wheel for him as an emergency spare.
All of that and they gave him the tire and charged $25 for the tire swapping.
Great to see there are still guys at shops willing to help people out and not just fukk them over for their own benefit.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning guys.

Got a call from my Dad yesterday, his truck picked up a heavy vibration, couldn't go 25mph. Was able to get off the interstate. He looked it over, but didn't see anything.
I found them a dealer nearby, but they couldn't look at it. They ended up a bit further away at Mitch Smith Chevrolet in Cullman AL.
Dad dropped the 5th wheel and they took a look. The left rear had broken the belts and was about ready to explode.
They put the spare on, put the C tire on the wheel for him as an emergency spare.
Great to see there are still guys at shops willing to help people out and not just fukk them over for their own benefit.

This makes me smile. Good folks all over the world still.

41FanForLife

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning guys.

I had a bike trip tire issue like that. Guy at a local shop definitely helped me out and didn't rake me over the coals because i was stuck.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Speaking of tire trouble...

The front tires on my 2640 are full of thorns. I've replaced the tubes in them several times. I just bought a new set of retreads that are capped on steel belted radials. 4 rib rather than 3. Hopefully they resist stubble better.