Not So Pro 3

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FFS does no one make a good old fashioned battery charger these days?

I went to 4 auto parts stores today, and 3 hardware stores looking for a new battery charger, all of them are automatic chargers, microprocessor detects what mode to charge in, how many volts to apply, etc, bought one a month ago and really disliked it, it was always kicking in and out automatically, so I returned it.

Does anyone make a old fashioned charger, with a switch so I can control what mode it is in, any how many volts to give out??

At one time Summit racing had some

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pricing roofing materials for my house....gonna be about 200.00 a square to replace the shingles.

I would be curious what metal costs now. Shingles and metal were similar in price when I was going to do mine. Went with metal just for the ease of installation.

FFS does no one make a good old fashioned battery charger these days?

I went to 4 auto parts stores today, and 3 hardware stores looking for a new battery charger, all of them are automatic chargers, microprocessor detects what mode to charge in, how many volts to apply, etc, bought one a month ago and really disliked it, it was always kicking in and out automatically, so I returned it.

Does anyone make a old fashioned charger, with a switch so I can control what mode it is in, any how many volts to give out??

Start going to yard sales. I buy many tools at yard sales. Usually for pennies on the dollar. Coming into season now too. Pawn shops may have them too.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Long run galvanized steel roofing is most popular here, corrugated or other profiles.
No OSB or ply layer so probably a cheap option, not a US four seasons one.

Liked for sympathy.
We went with metal years ago. Cheapo shingles failed in less than 15 years.
Might not be the cheaper option now. I'm afraid to price metal for any of the projects we want to do. Was .88 USD a foot two years ago for 36"Galvalume.
I'm sure thats doubled.

I would be curious what metal costs now. Shingles and metal were similar in price when I was going to do mine. Went with metal just for the ease of installation.

Really considered metal. But I've settled on Timberline dimensional shingles. On a metal roof, it all comes down to the rubber washers. If one fails, it gonna leak.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Really considered metal. But I've settled on Timberline dimensional shingles. On a metal roof, it all comes down to the rubber washers. If one fails, it gonna leak.

Those are made by GAF, correct?
We needed a new roof a few years ago and had GAF installed. Very happy with them so far, plus 50 year warranty.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn jarheads.

LOL

I know right!!! Jarheads be throwing hands, trying to kill each other, on Wednesday (over some of the stupidist *s-word you can imagine), making up on Thursday, back to back in a bar fight on Friday whooping somebody else's ass, and heading to war on Monday willing to kill and die for each other!!!!