Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
12:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
80 and 81 actually. LOL

Only took me one to go back for older trucks. Swore off them and Chevrolets too. In the 80's Dodge built the toughest half tons, there's still a few around here plowing snow yet today. They had lots of galvanized sheet metal in the body, along with bulletproof 318's

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1980 was a really bad year, at some point they had to build them back up.

I will say however, at the off road races(at the time) nothing would touch a Ford independent front end in the 4x4 class. Them things could scoot around the corners so fast nothing could catch 'em.
Had a 1980 Bronco for a very short period of time. Splines stripped out where the axle went into the diff on the TTB front axle. Found a donor, but it too was no bueno. That truck just didnt seem as well made as other years ive had.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great. Gotta be a small engine shop that needs a mechanic.
Along with a substantial pay cut. So, maybe someday.
We have a pretty good plan for me to continue to thrash the hell out of myself and make as much as possible so that when I hit 55 I can either make a lateral move to a nonphysical job in the auto world or find something else to do, both would be part time.
Our financial planner says based off of what we have put away and our investments, that we can make that happen. I just hope at that point I am not beat up to the point I cant even put socks on after my regular 5 minutes of trying..

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think he's done. Looking great I almost stopped to see it last weekend but he met me a few miles away to do a saw exchange.

I'll probably get a GFY for posting these when he returns but we chatted last week and he shared some pics. Nothing sacred here @41FanForLife View attachment 319153 View attachment 319154
Ya know I could actually care less about the deck ay, it's John's wellbeing I'm interested in.
Thanks for keeping us updated.