Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So.....some of you may remember that I dropped a big gum tree several months ago to get the shade offa one of our pastures. I noodled up the whole thing into firewood and left it in a pile. Just started burning some of it yesterday. I've never burned much gum before so I wasn't sure if it would be good firewood or no. Well....it is. Makes coals like hickory, and produces good heat. Plus....GFYs.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So.....some of you may remember that I dropped a big gum tree several months ago to get the shade offa one of our pastures. I noodled up the whole thing into firewood and left it in a pile. Just started burning some of it yesterday. I've never burned much gum before so I wasn't sure if it would be good firewood or no. Well....it is. Makes coals like hickory, and produces good heat. Plus....GFYs.

You need some Osage orange so you can have your windows open after loading her up.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

If you don't mind the extra work Gum has more btu's per pound than American Elm and wild cherry.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You need some Osage orange so you can have your windows open after loading her up.

We ain't got any hedge here that I've seen. Matt @Hedgerow brought a log down to the GTG one year, I cut and split it up for firewood. I'd like to have a semi load. Great firewood for sure.