High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

My homemade soil screener

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I would love to have one myself, but can't justify the cost, much less afford one! This was probably a great deal less expensive than buying new.

Wisconsin Welder

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Nice work, I have been brain storming on one of these for a while now, I made about 40 yards of awesome compost over the last year and have spent WAY too many hours pickin rocks and sticks the past few days.

Serioussam

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Before we built the new house in 2015 , I stripped off all the topsoil from a fairly big area and it has a lot of sticks and rocks mixed in . I also found a little gravel deposit on the property and used the little screener to take out the rocks and small sticks. Once everything dries out here I do plan on tackling the mountain of topsoil

Wisconsin Welder

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Before we built the new house in 2015 , I stripped off all the topsoil from a fairly big area and it has a lot of sticks and rocks mixed in . I also found a little gravel deposit on the property and used the little screener to take out the rocks and small sticks. Once everything dries out here I do plan on tackling the mountain of topsoil

I also stripped a large area when I bought this place. The "hippies" that owned it before me for 50 years left 5 decades of plastic, broken glass, landscape trash all over the place in the 1/2 acre garden. I stripped all of that and set it aside to deal with later. Its later now, the property is coming along but even today, i'm burning old stumps, picking broken glass out of everything, still finding buried rugs, wire fence, plastic plant trays etc.

RCBS

Redneck Savant Extraordinaire
Local time
4:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was just talking about one of these with a buddy other day. I have a whole bunch of sandy shale available to me, but no way to screen it. Nice job. I'd love to have something like it.

MemphisMechanic

Unreliable Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice. I dig the car tire shock absobers / mounts.

What is the engine turning via the belt drive to cause vibration on the screen?

Serioussam

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is powered by a 5.5hp honda, the top pulley has a bolt that is offset with with extra nuts as weights. There is a tensioner It the middle to keep belt tight

Serioussam

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the back raised another 6-8 " after I first built and just the top of the screen bolted as it works like a double shake action