SOLD MS661C

Trader history (0)

blueberrymuzik

Lesser Known OPE Member
Local time
11:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I got this MS661C and an 046 from a local guy who used them on weekends to cut and sell firewood. Two years ago, he was in a bad car wreck and broke his neck. He has been unable to use them since the wreck. He was just released from rehab recently, and he was told by his doctors that he will never be able to cut anymore wood. So the saws went up for sale. This saw has seen pretty limited use. He said that it was used to drop trees, then he switched over to his 046 to cut them up.

It looks as though this saw started its life as a “R” model. Apparently somewhere along the line this guy decided he didn’t like the wrap handle. The curled portion of the handle has been cleanly “amputated” along with a portion of the elbow connector that attached it to the body of the saw. It also has a West Coast clutch cover. I noticed that the black chip deflector is missing and there is a small chunk of metal missing from the cover

It runs and cuts beautifully. Compression is 165#. I noticed a very slight smear on the face of the piston, but otherwise it is beautiful. If I didn’t already own a low-hour 661, this saw would stay right here. More picture available on request.

PHO $800.00 + shipping. Paypal friends & family, or USPS Money Order

Attachments

• IMG_2295.JPG
    IMG_2295.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2307.JPG
    IMG_2307.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2336.JPG
    IMG_2336.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2327.JPG
    IMG_2327.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2317.JPG
    IMG_2317.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 78

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice deal for someone :).
To bad the PO won't be able to cut, or many other things :(.
I like the handle "mod", not much of a fan of the r as I don't fell to many trees, and here in the relatively flat lands of mid Michigan it's much nicer to be able to flush cut a stump than to backcut from the same side.
GLWS BBM, shouldn't last long.

blueberrymuzik

Lesser Known OPE Member
Local time
11:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Nice deal for someone :).
To bad the PO won't be able to cut, or many other things :(.
I like the handle "mod", not much of a fan of the r as I don't fell to many trees, and here in the relatively flat lands of mid Michigan it's much nicer to be able to flush cut a stump than to backcut from the same side.
GLWS BBM, shouldn't last long.
Yeah, this guy is pretty messed up. Before the wreck he was a diesel mechanic. Those days are over also according to the doctors. I hope he has some settlement money coming in from the wreck.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, this guy is pretty messed up. Before the wreck he was a diesel mechanic. Those days are over also according to the doctors. I hope he has some settlement money coming in from the wreck.
Bummer, buddy of mine was hit on a Harley he was building for his son last summer, he's still not back to work and works for himself. Odd thing he used to be a diesel mechanic also.
Certainly hope the best for your buddy, my friend has alternate sources of income and hopefully will be back to doing appliance repair with his son assisting soon.
When God gives you lemons, you clean carbs ;).