Trader history (2)

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
10:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice clean saw. Was one that had bad bearings from the factory. I replaced the bearings and seals with a set from stens, hl or ebay. I can't remember. I had it sold locally but it fell through. I need to order up a torque converter for my 4l80 next week. Need to pad the ol paypal to do so.

Wasn't planning on posting this one up. Will get more pictures later if there is any interest.

$250 pho + actuall shipping friends and family as usual.

The bar on it is my test mule. It is not available for sale. It's the only .325 I have in this mount.

0412222229.jpg

Edit: I will add. I did not use dirko to seal the bottom end. I used ultra copper. It's all I've ever used on these clam shell stihl's. Have never had a issue.

Steven

Last edited:

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great seller here…the 271’s can actually run pretty good with a little port work & muff mod.

Didn't seem like a bad saw when I was running it. But I didn't even pull the limiters or open the muffler outlet. 100% stock. Only thing I did was took the edge off the underside of the piston. These newer stihl's seem to wear heavy on the intake side. I've been just slightly taking the edge off the piston skirt to try and help with the plating wear they develop.

Edit: And thank you for the feedback. I try my best.

Steven

tspeedle

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Looking good Steven. Great seller folks, buy with confidence!

If I didn’t have so many saws already I would actually consider this one myself.

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bbbbbbbbbbump

$250 shipped lower 48.

Steven

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you have this listed locally? That saw wouldn’t last long on FB around here.

I don't have fb. I might have someone toss it and some backpack blowers up there. Craigslist is pretty much dead anymore.

Steven