skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
3:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 044 stuffed with bananas pho.
It runs great oils idles everything . new rebuilt carb by mm.
Looking for 635.00 shipped to lower 48.
Looking to get some new toys .maybe a chain grinder or a different saw. Small repaired crack in rear handle which is a 046 fuel tank Screenshot_2015-12-29-17-55-33.png Screenshot_2016-01-12-22-00-51.png Screenshot_2016-01-12-22-00-57.png Screenshot_2016-01-12-22-01-02.png Screenshot_2016-01-12-22-01-07.png

Last edited:

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rans awesome ah?

Price is right on.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seriously considering this . I bought a brand new 1/2 wrap oem

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I deleted my previous post I jumped the gun .

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
saw is worth the asking price as it sits Chris. Hell, every stock 044 I have sold, has brought $550 pho. Your asking $635 shipped for a ported one, which is more than fair. Buyers only paying $50 for the port work. And doesnt have to wait half a year to get one. It's ready to rock out of the box! Sell it with the half. or raise your price with the madsens installed.

Last edited:

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steven what would you put on it with the wrap ?

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kenis' said he wouldnt take a $150 for his. You can't get them anymore. Not that they are worth that to everyone, but they have a little worth to them. Did the saw originally come with a Madsens when you got it, or did you put it on there? If it came with it, Id sell it with it. If it's something you added, then you can sell it separate. I don't know the history on the saw. I'll tell you this, Ive bought and sold a metric ton of saws and 98% of my saws sold have all been ported. I have only ever made money on one of them- a 262, and that is only bc I didn't want to sell it, I wasn't advertising to sell it, but Randy told them I had a bunch of them, and the guy wouldnt take no for an answer. I shot a number out and he took it. Every other saw I have either taken a loss on or just barely broken even with shipping. I buy and sell to friends, I do repeat deals with the same guys. Friendship is the foundation for my deals with them. Im not interested in making money off friends, just getting fair market value.

If the saw came with it, than sell it with it. The most a saw should be marked up generally is to cover shipping, and most of us eat that.

Most know the story of my NOS 288xp lite. How it was bought off Ebay for $840, the buyer snatched it up and immediately started a thread on it "Yeah I bought it, now Steven will want it." Of course I wanted it, but I wasn't going to buy it without Kari's permission. By the time I got the ok, it was sold. Then I saw that thread baiting me. What few know is that I had had a conversation with KRL several months before while doing another $1100 deal and told him that I was looking for a NOS 288xp lite. He said he had both the regular and lite (both nos) but neither were for sale. Fast forward to the 288xp lite on eBay. He gets it, and when I approach him thru pm (since he had baited me in his thread), he tells me the price is $1475, so he was trying to make $600 off the saw, that he specifically bought to sell me. He wasn't a friend, he didn't respect me, he was merely taking advantage of my "want". If it hadn't been for the mob action of my closest friends, and the fact that he was backed in to a corner, I never would have got the saw. And the price we settled on he still made $400 off me. That's left me bitter and Im still not over to this day. I don't want to be that type person, and I don't want to deal with people that are... no one does. I'd like to think that here, friendship outweighs the $.

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just want to break even saw came with the wrap . so the wrap will go with it then . I really wanted it for a mint oh 44 but I prefer husqvarnas .

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just want to break even saw came with the wrap . so the wrap will go with it then . I really wanted it for a mint oh 44 but I prefer husqvarnas .
I would sell it that way then, or offer to discount the saw from your price, the value the wrap has to you. 95 % of the saws sold on these forums come in half wrap configurations. If the wrap is worth 75 to you, subtract $75 from your price. If it's a hundred subtract a hundred. If that is what you paid for it with the wrap, then that should be the price you sell it with the wrap plus ship. If you alter the saw with the half wrap, alter the price to reflect.

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would sell it that way then, or offer to discount the saw from your price, the value the wrap has to you. 95 % of the saws sold on these forums come in half wrap configurations. If the wrap is worth 75 to you, subtract $75 from your price. If it's a hundred subtract a hundred. If that is what you paid for it with the wrap, then that should be the price you sell it with the wrap plus ship. If you alter the saw with the half wrap, alter the price to reflect.
There isn't a top handle on it right now .