Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
7:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Men -

I have my Miller Mod Saws Solo 665/681 for sale. It was a new 665 that he bought when he was a dealer and then he built it up with a new 681 OEM top end. He emptied out the muffler and added a second outlet so the muffler is a hollow can now. The jug has been machined and ported. I had the muffler off yesterday and the piston is shiny and looks as new. Carl ran one tank through it prior to sending it to me, and I've run about three tanks through it doing tree service work (I fell and bucked two big Alder trees with it). The clutch and drum show almost no wear. Timing was advanced a hair. I hate to sell it but it just sits in my shop and gathers dust as I'm not cutting much anymore. Carl did a great job on it for me and it is a sweetie.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I also have the nylon air filter for it but I need to find it. I'm going to look for it today. Last time I ran it was in 2019 and I purged it then and it's been sitting ever since on a shelf in my shop. I'm asking $950.00 plus shipping for it. Trade bait: Ported Echo 2511T, McCulloch kart motors or parts, McCulloch 125 motors or parts.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have basically the same saw (ported by Randy) and I’ve cut a lot of wood with it. These things are bad ass. Should be $1200+ though.

View attachment 385373
That explains why my inbox was blowing up.
Very nice,Mr.J 👍
Many more to come, Mr. W - I'm downsizing big time.
Is this thing operable in cargo pants ?
I think almost anything can be done in cargo pants, except make rational, sensible decisions regarding chainsaw ownership.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That explains why my inbox was blowing up.

Many more to come, Mr. W - I'm downsizing big time.

I think almost anything can be done in cargo pants, except make rational, sensible decisions regarding chainsaw ownership.
Will be watching , 👍

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have basically the same saw (ported by Randy) and I’ve cut a lot of wood with it. These things are bad ass. Should be $1200+ though.

View attachment 385373
I think you're spot on. These don't come up for sale as often as they used to. Most people that have them are holding on to them. I've only seen a few (5-6) trade hands in the past year or so. I've got 2, a ported hybrid and a stock 665 that I'll port one of these days. Killer saws.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 385373
I second this statement. My saw is a touch different…it’s a Carl Miller 64/7910 with a full wrap. Same scenario as OP. Built new by Carl, he ran his tanks thru it, another man ran a couple thru it and I ran maybe one thru it. It’s like new. And it’s a blast to run but I’d have a hard time selling for 950. It’s so much more saw than what 950 will get you typically and prime examples from good porters are getting hard to come by. I agree with the 1200ish statement but everyone is in different circumstances. But hey, everyone is happy on this deal 👍🏻