Trader history (0)

how57

It’s a city! Not a smoke!
Local time
4:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Talked with Lee. Sounds like he has one hell of a collection of saws. Thanks Howard
Oh ya, he has them all. Great guy, very knollageble. He and I have been friend for years, even though we've never meet face to face. What's funny, the very first saw I sold him was a 797.

how57

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for a good running Mac 797. I will be using this saw on a semi- regular basis. It doesn't have to look great. A good runner with all hardware, nothing stripped out and solid compression.
I found a 797 with a 36" bar in McCloud. Guy said it ran when he put it away years ago. I think I'll investigate. Never know might be a diamond, might be a pile of crap.

Howard

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found a 797 with a 36" bar in McCloud. Guy said it ran when he put it away years ago. I think I'll investigate. Never know might be a diamond, might be a pile of crap.

Howard
Not too many "crap" 797's out there as they can be rebored and other parts replaced. I like me any regular, not super, 797's.

Darin

JACK KNOB PRICK
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah you never know. I've been looking all around southern Oregon and not much to be found. Maybe take a road trip to Shasta this weekend.

Darin

JACK KNOB PRICK
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Probably a mountain of vintage saws in and around that area. I grew up in Alturas and I know when Calendore Pine sawmill was operational many big saws in them neck of the woods.

how57

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably a mountain of vintage saws in and around that area. I grew up in Alturas and I know when Calendore Pine sawmill was operational many big saws in them neck of the woods.
The internet has ruined saw hunting. It's great for us to communicate, buy, sell and trade ect. But people misinterpret what they have compared to what they see on their computers as far as prices, thinking they have a gold mine. Here's a great example. Your 2101 compared to my 2101. Guy who know saws can see yours is worth more. Some individuals just see 2101 and think theirs has the same value when it may not even run.

how57

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry, don't mean to rant. It's hard to find that mountain of old saw that hasn't been pilfered.

how57

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agreed. Pilfered is where saw hunting is at. Need a damn time machine and go back and buy up every 797 and kart motor made.
Hindsight is always 20/20. We should make a movie. Chainsaw time machine.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hindsight is always 20/20. We should make a movie. Chainsaw time machine.

In the early 90's I was getting 090's and 125s at pawn shops in southern Oregon for $50-100. Back then, they were throw-away saws- when they stopped running, you tossed them in a dumpster (I didn't, but plenty did).

RocketRoss57

Taco Bell Aficionado
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the early 90's I was getting 090's and 125s at pawn shops in southern Oregon for $50-100. Back then, they were throw-away saws- when they stopped running, you tossed them in a dumpster (I didn't, but plenty did).

It makes me sick to my stomach to think of that happening to almost any saw. But if I knew I could find a 125 at the bottom of a landfill I would rent an excavator.

Darin

JACK KNOB PRICK
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good to you got the old dog fixed and up and running again Pete. I'm bound to get my mits on another one. Wether from Lee across hell and all of Georgia or from around these neck of the woods. Looks like me last night...cuttin a load in the dark with my damn head lamp...scouted out another snag to finish the load and luckily there was snow on the ground so I could track my way back to the damn truck.

Darin

JACK KNOB PRICK
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes sir Don it does. It came with an Oregon sprocket tip fat belly 36" .404 skip and it pulls like nothing I've cut with before. Put a good file on it and dropped the rakers a bit. Hold on. Thanks for tip on the tank gasket...I tried cutting one myself and it didn't go so well. I will say, the flatback carb was different to tune. Got it dialed in though.