Active OPE Member
Local time
3:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New member, Thanks.
What I have done so far.
1. Replaced disintegrated oil pickup tube. Was spewing bar oil.
2. Cleaned carb with carb cleaner getting all openings.
3. Purchased rebuild kit. Installed kit, still no start. šŸ™
4. Chainsaw has a Walbro WT347. Not available.
5. New spark plug, have spark as well with previous plug.
6. Replaced gas tank filter with a new filter.
7. Purchased new carb. from Amazon. Still no start.
8. Opened up low jet, started up under half throttle, engine died when released. Engine will not start. Sprayed a little Starting fluid into choke opening. Still would not start.
Am I missing something???
What should the H and L needle settings be to get this engine working again?

I understand the H and L settings might need tweaking under load.
All help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5631.jpeg
    IMG_5631.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5720.jpeg
    IMG_5720.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5718.jpeg
    IMG_5718.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5717.jpeg
    IMG_5717.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 4

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Opened up low jet, started up under half throttle, engine died when released. Engine will not start. Sprayed a little Starting fluid into choke opening.
Hello and welcome to the forum!! A quick recommendation, next time use WD-40 instead of starting fluid (ether), WD-40 has lube in it, starting fluid is all fire. 2 strokes like their lube in their fuel! Good to hear you have spark and with other stuff you have done, eliminated some of the other potential issues. Does your purge/primer move fuel? Clean air filter? Spark arrestor plugged/clean? I am assuming you are using fresh fuel (either what you mixed or can gas).

Initial carb settings to try: L: 1.5 turns counter-clockwise from seating, H: 1.5 turns counter-clockwise from seating. You can turn the idle screw in enough to get the saw started and then back it off as needed until the chain stops spinning.

From a cold start steps should be (I have a Mac 3200 and this is what I do):
1. Press purge until you get fuel
2. On/Off switch - On
3. Set full choke setting
4. Lock trigger to full throttle
5. Pull until saw burbles or starts (if it starts it will run rough - you can close choke lever)
6. If the saw burbled but didn't start, close the choke and pull again until start.
7. When the saw starts, blip the trigger to drop it from running full throttle.
8. If the saw quits, you may need to adjust the idle screw more to get it to keep running on the next start.
9. You may have to keep starting the saw with the trigger locked to full throttle until you get the idle screw in the correct position.
10. Once running off of full throttle, you can adjust the idle screw down, wait for the saw to warm and then work on adjusting the H/L setting.

Like others have said, it is possible you may have an air leak or a compression issue (you can pull the muffler and inspect the piston for any scorring - if it looks nice and shiny with no vertical lines, you should be good to go there).

Good luck, let us know what you find out!