Jacob J.

Trader history (0)

Dougbert

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Early last year I was on the hunt for a powerhead for my first Alaskan mill. A couple of guys had 288xps for sale at the time. I messaged them and made a deal on a rebuilt saw by Jacob j. I've used it primarily for milling hardwood and it has run like a champ.

I've put about 3-4 gallons of 40:1 through her with no problems other than a loose ignition wire which was a 2 minute fix.

The saw was shipped during stormy weather here on the west coast and my UPS driver left it out on the side of my driveway in the rain. When I got it the outer box was disintegrating, but JJ did an excellent packing job with double bagging and plenty of bubble wrap. The saw was dry and in great shape.

Being a noob to big saws, I've had a few questions and JJ has helped me out. Highly recommended stand-up builder.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Early last year I was on the hunt for a powerhead for my first Alaskan mill. A couple of guys had 288xps for sale at the time. I messaged them and made a deal on a rebuilt saw by Jacob j. I've used it primarily for milling hardwood and it has run like a champ.

I've put about 3-4 gallons of 40:1 through her with no problems other than a loose ignition wire which was a 2 minute fix.

The saw was shipped during stormy weather here on the west coast and my UPS driver left it out on the side of my driveway in the rain. When I got it the outer box was disintegrating, but JJ did an excellent packing job with double bagging and plenty of bubble wrap. The saw was dry and in great shape.

Being a noob to big saws, I've had a few questions and JJ has helped me out. Highly recommended stand-up builder.

No dead kittens crammed in the box?

ken morgan

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Time to bump this up to the top.
I recently bought a 372 Xp off of Jacob, and I can say that it looks better in person than it did in his photos. Looks wise It is beautiful. a perfect (used) saw in all respects.

Now to the meat of the matter. Never, ever under any circumstances allow Jacob to wrap the christmas gifts. I think he must have worked for the government in some fashion as one of the ammo or weapon stockpile supply staff as this stuff was full on level A packed without an airtight enclosure... how does he do it? beats me. I get this feeling that even as screwed up as the military postal system can be they looked at it and just gave up. there could have been a Fabrege Egg in their and it would have been totally safe to everything short of a an Amtrak running it over (not will to test but pretty sure of this assumption.)

cheers

Ken