livemusic

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
41B9m2OTTsL._SX425_.jpg

This combo can is awesome, very thick plastic, should be tough. It is very well engineered. Some youtubes show advantages. Has no spill spouts for gas and oil, onboard toolbox and transparent sight lines for viewing fuel and oil levels. First I couldn't figure out how to get into the toolbox, lol but a youtube guy happened to open it and I saw. Sheesh, I didn't want to tear it up getting into the toolbox, lol. (Don't life the knobby plastic part sticking out, there are two rubber tabs below that to lift.)

The gas and oil containers come with screw-on caps and a plastic retainer band to keep it on the threads when you unscrew it. What I did was I unscrewed the caps for both gas and oil and then stuck the cap through the handle, such that the plastic retainer band is keeping it secured to the threads. I then screwed the no-spill spouts onto the threads. Done like that you can still carry it by the top handle. Now, Husqvarna said in writing to transport it (travel) with the plain caps on, not the no-spill spouts. Maybe for safety/legal reasons. But if you do that, where are you going to put the no-spill spouts? If they had retainer bands, you could do what I did, sticking them thought the handle. Otherwise, you're going to have to store them elsewhere. Unless I'm missing some trick.

The no-spill spout that is gray goes on the oil side. I confirmed that when I note that it is marked as such via embossing on the spout. They also included another gray spout and it provides open flow, it is not no-spill. I think this is for extreme cold, when chain oil will not readily flow.

They should have included better and more thorough instructions or included a link to an online page. If that exists, I haven't found it.

If someone knows errors or improvements to the above, advise!

I got in less than two weeks from Europe. Good product, Husqvarna!

I got it from Amazon but available other places, too.

Last edited:

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only cons I've had with mine is thick bar oil is a no go with the spring loaded spouts.

Also the don't leave the cap tightened on the gas side when you leave it in the sun. They tend to overpressure and split around the threaded area.

Replacements are like $13. IIRC these are available on Amazon in the US also.

Other than that, they are a good quality product. I use mine near daily.

Nighthunter

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My spout on the fuel side does not close properly and leaks when lifted off the saw

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a few, I leave the push-down no spill spouts on full time. Two round and one flat file on one side and bar grease, screw driver on the storage side is how they’re all equipped.
I also tie a piece of rope around the handle to throw over my shoulder when I walk into the woods.

Next to scepter plastic 5gal jerry cans. These Husqvarna plastic cans are the best I have ever seen. Zero leaks and they live in the back of the truck.

as @AlfA01 said. The gas side does get pressured up a little at times. Haven’t had a problem yet but I always burp the gas side quick before sticking it in a saw.

MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bought mine on Amazon and it shipped from the UK. Very good quality and really convenient.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
5:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I’ve heard about burping the gas spout before you pour, saves a fuel surge, that can spray or over fill your saw.
Oil is slow when cold

I’ve got the stihl version, but I’ve opted for the pour spouts (edit: just like the cold oil spout) as the other type seem to get broken, Not that I’ve broken any, it’s others not holding the can correctly and tilting it before removal of the spout. It just seemed a waste to have it broken and no one owning up to breaking it,

livemusic

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I actually read the instructions (limited) and Husky does say to press down on the spout to open the valve to relieve pressure prior to refueling. Now, if I can just remember, lol.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a few, I leave the push-down no spill spouts on full time. Two round and one flat file on one side and bar grease, screw driver on the storage side is how they’re all equipped.
I also tie a piece of rope around the handle to throw over my shoulder when I walk into the woods.

Next to scepter plastic 5gal jerry cans. These Husqvarna plastic cans are the best I have ever seen. Zero leaks and they live in the back of the truck.

as @AlfA01 said. The gas side does get pressured up a little at times. Haven’t had a problem yet but I always burp the gas side quick before sticking it in a saw.
I actually read the instructions (limited) and Husky does say to press down on the spout to open the valve to relieve pressure prior to refueling. Now, if I can just remember, lol.
I use that old tool bag strap has a comfy cushion on it the shoulder strap works good.
Great can my fuel nozzle starting to stick a little bit trying to loosen it up with WD-40 see if I can get it going again. And I use the other nozzle for the oil seems to come out better than the spring loaded.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only cons I've had with mine is thick bar oil is a no go with the spring loaded spouts.

Also the don't leave the cap tightened on the gas side when you leave it in the sun. They tend to overpressure and split around the threaded area.

Replacements are like $13. IIRC these are available on Amazon in the US also.

Other than that, they are a good quality product. I use mine near daily.
I have had one for a couple years now shipped from the UK as they were not available here for some reason.

I agree with what you said, especially when it gets hot if you tip the van to pour fuel without releasing the pressure get ready for a surprise..

the holder for the files is nice but keeps your round file too high up, I’ve had my files break when the can is jostled around in the back of the truck or on the quad.

Other than that it has a nice pocket for my tach, screwdriver file guide etc

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really like mine. I run the open grey spout on the fuel and oil side. I think the spring loaded gather to much dirt over time. Agreed file holders keep the file to high. I keep my files in the small thin pocket on my wedge pouch. The plastic/vinyl sleeve that stihl files come in work well to keep your files separated and clean.