Husqvarna 592

Johnny2186

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s everyone’s opinion on it as far as reliability and power. How does it stack up to the 395, 660 and 661? Looking for answers from guys that have run time on them. I am looking to purchase a new bigger saw but not looking to purchase problems so to speak. And since the 395 is still available well...

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
12:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s everyone’s opinion on it as far as reliability and power. How does it stack up to the 395, 660 and 661? Looking for answers from guys that have run time on them. I am looking to purchase a new bigger saw but not looking to purchase problems so to speak. And since the 395 is still available well...
Might want to change the title to 592xp.

Skiptooth Fred

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I’m not sure if a little over twelve months is enough to speak of reliability but I’ve had no issues as yet. I have a stock 660 my most disliked saw, I know others love them but that’s there choice, as long as there happy. Smokes my 660. Lighter than my 395’s. Stock off the shelf, tune it right they go hard, I like it, really good on fuel(33:1) ergonomics are great, easy to start, don’t bother with an xtough lite get a cannon duralite imo. 👍

Johnny2186

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I’m not sure if a little over twelve months is enough to speak of reliability but I’ve had no issues as yet. I have a stock 660 my most disliked saw, I know others love them but that’s there choice, as long as there happy. Smokes my 660. Lighter than my 395’s. Stock off the shelf, tune it right they go hard, I like it, really good on fuel(33:1) ergonomics are great, easy to start, don’t bother with an xtough lite get a cannon duralite imo. 👍
660’s here never sat long with me because I didn’t care for them myself. Not to rag on one so to speak but stock form with just a MM they did not impress me either. The 395 on the other hand I liked a lot. How does it stack up with your 395’s as for cutting/power in the big wood? You said tune it right, is it not a auto tune? Sorry guess I should’ve researched a little deeper on that aspect...

Skiptooth Fred

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
660’s here never sat long with me because I didn’t care for them myself. Not to rag on one so to speak but stock form with just a MM they did not impress me either. The 395 on the other hand I liked a lot. How does it stack up with your 395’s as for cutting/power in the big wood? You said tune it right, is it not a auto tune? Sorry guess I should’ve researched a little deeper on that aspect...
The best thing compared to 395 is the weight loss and ergonomics, the 592 is a much better saw to carry especially in country where scrubby rubbish is abundant and or awkward areas. Less it’s weight on a crook arm I like the 395 but I much prefer the 592. Autotune still requires initial tuning regardless. Check out jacko jeep on YouTube 592 tuning, its what works for me

Johnny2186

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The best thing compared to 395 is the weight loss and ergonomics, the 592 is a much better saw to carry especially in country where scrubby rubbish is abundant and or awkward areas. Less it’s weight on a crook arm I like the 395 but I much prefer the 592. Autotune still requires initial tuning regardless. Check out jacko jeep on YouTube 592 tuning, its what works for me
Do all the autotune saws need initial tuning? I have a 562 with less than 5 minutes run time on it. Does it need initial tuning and if so how is this done?

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never had to do any initial tuning on an Autotune saw. Just run them with a decent load and try not to free speed them much. Around 5-10 tanks of fuel they really come alive.

Skiptooth Fred

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do all the autotune saws need initial tuning? I have a 562 with less than 5 minutes run time on it. Does it need initial tuning and if so how is this done?
I was informed and shown by my dealer how they tune it, ran mine for a few tanks before I eventually worked out that it still needed tuning, and then changing from a near sea level altitude up into snow line country I noticed it definitely needed doing again, so in my experience yes you do have to tune them. Go to jacko jeep on YouTube and you’ll find tuning 592 there. Good saw I luv it, stay sharp👍