SOLD Husqvarna 3120 crankshaft

Trader history (0)

GeorgiaVOL

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a used OEM 3120 crank if someone needs one. $75 plus shipping. Thanks!

mortalitool

aka Nick Stoeckel
Local time
3:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you have any more pictures?

Did it come out of a chainsaw or a chopper?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
12:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the chainsaw and demolition saw cranks are the same, except for some of the demolition saw
cranks have a hole in the PTO stub shaft to allow excess oil from the crankcase to seep through to the
bearing for the drive drum (i.e. clutch drum).

I have two cranks here, one from a chainsaw, and one from a demo - both have the same part numbers
on the lobe but one has the hole and the other doesn't.

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the chainsaw and demolition saw cranks are the same, except for some of the demolition saw
cranks have a hole in the PTO stub shaft to allow excess oil from the crankcase to seep through to the
bearing for the drive drum (i.e. clutch drum).

I have two cranks here, one from a chainsaw, and one from a demo - both have the same part numbers
on the lobe but one has the hole and the other doesn't.

They must have used those cranks in a few chainaws too....I had a customers basically new (2017) 3120 here that was failing pressure test....It was leaking out the lube feed hole to the drum brg.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They must have used those cranks in a few chainaws too....I had a customers basically new (2017) 3120 here that was failing pressure test....It was leaking out the lube feed hole to the drum brg.

I think so Rob - I tore down a 2006 chainsaw and it had one of those cranks...I couldn't get it to hold a tune after the complete rebuild.

It was very frustrating until I traced back where the hole came from. I plugged it with Yamabond and life was good after that.

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think so Rob - I tore down a 2006 chainsaw and it had one of those cranks...I couldn't get it to hold a tune after the complete rebuild.

It was very frustrating until I traced back where the hole came from. I plugged it with Yamabond and life was good after that.

Did you just fill the hole up out at the drum end?....I may revisit that saw next time it's in...it never held a consistent tune either. I understand they are supposed to have more or less a duckbill valve in the crank that allows pressure out to lube the bearing, but not allow vacuum in. I don't think they work half the time.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I plugged it at the hole under the drum yes - I ground down a tuning screwdriver to a very narrow point so I could work in the Yamabond quite
a ways...and then I let it cure for 36 hours before I put the saw in service. I had the saw out for three days in the woods testing, and then it was
traded to a member here.

It's one of those "undocumented" production line changes that Husqvarna is famous for...