Trader history (0)

Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thinking of downsizing further. In Hope's of getting a 3120 some day.

This saw startsvand runs well. I have milled a few slabs with it. I did notice the pile is set up for a short bar though, so I havent milled with it as I havent had time to pull the oiler to switch it around.

I installed aftermarket crank seals, base gasket delete. Rebuilt the manual oiler seals. Pulls hard and starting it requires a good grip.

Has a plastic v-stack, uni filter and outerwears. I have dogs to include, I just had them off for milling. Also have a full wrap that is in good shape that I could swap on for the right price.

Looking for $450 US before shipping PHO. PayPal F&F. Not in a rush to sell, but if it moves it moves

20190915_144334.jpg
20190915_144318.jpg
20190915_144342.jpg
20190915_144404.jpg

Last edited:

Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bump. Still available. Still firm on the price. Where is that tax money?

I can attempt to get a compression reading if people wish. It takes a toll on me and the saw. These saws really pull hard.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Bump. Still available. Still firm on the price. Where is that tax money?

I can attempt to get a compression reading if people wish. It takes a toll on me and the saw. These saws really pull hard.
Redo the recoil with some quality grease, can't hurt. Always first on my big saw list of *s-word to clean up.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Great saws. I use mine every job. I'm amazed nobody has bought this.
I think the lack of ignition parts scares people away from many saws. The rest is always out there for sale used somewhere.

If you use these part time like your saw.... and maintain it, no worries.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the lack of ignition parts scares people away from many saws. The rest is always out there for sale used somewhere.

Honestly, under the hardest use it's the only saw that never breaks or breaks down on me. I use at as much as my other saws. I wouldn't use it if I was a production faller. But for everyday tree work I Love it. I have some spare parts but never need them. I hear what you are saying though. Unfortunately every saw we know today, will be lost to dealer support. Stihl seems to be moving that way faster.

Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am not in a rush. I will run it more. Ot is a hell of a good time

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

You had to say it didn't u lol:) right after this I blew my ignition. I was asking Darin at Cloverdale saw on ideas, figuring eBay. He said I'll get you a part number, then goes wait a second, it shows I have one that's weird. Brand new probably last one ever maxed. I got lucky couldn't believe it. Also can't believe how things were made back then an ignition that lasted 30 years.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You had to say it didn't u lol:) right after this I blew my ignition. I was asking Darin at Cloverdale saw on ideas, figuring eBay. He said I'll get you a part number, then goes wait a second, it shows I have one that's weird. Brand new probably last one ever maxed. I got lucky couldn't believe it. Also can't believe how things were made back then an ignition that lasted 30 years.
Sorry dood.
Lucky you!

They should just be updated or fixed. Someone was fixing certain coils for saws. It was a deal where the part was a known failure in that coil so they fixed it. Could be the same problem here. If you can repair them a lot of saws will go back up in value. The owners of 2100 type saws seem to love them as any other good tool in the box.
I'll give it look but I'm not to savvy on these ignitions. A few want me working on an update for 041 saws. This is kind of the same thing. Under the flywheel ignition are good systems overall. Early ones overheated but that was all fixed in the seventies on most motors. Single cylinder air cooled was first to be fixed up good by oem or was it the outboard seen... I forget. All started in the mid sixties at tracks around the world. Testing, testing and more testing

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry dood.
Lucky you!

They should just be updated or fixed. Someone was fixing certain coils for saws. It was a deal where the part was a known failure in that coil so they fixed it. Could be the same problem here. If you can repair them a lot of saws will go back up in value. The owners of 2100 type saws seem to love them as any other good tool in the box.
I'll give it look but I'm not to savvy on these ignitions. A few want me working on an update for 041 saws. This is kind of the same thing. Under the flywheel ignition are good systems overall. Early ones overheated but that was all fixed in the seventies on most motors. Single cylinder air cooled was first to be fixed up good by oem or was it the outboard seen... I forget. All started in the mid sixties at tracks around the world. Testing, testing and more testing
Nice, I think I kept the old one, so they are fixable?