High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

How straight are new bars?

DunderCutting

Don't mind me, I'm just lurking in the threads.
Local time
11:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi, I've recently purchased a new 36" 3/8 0.063 bar. Its been sitting in its box in the shed while I wait for a new built PH that I want to put it on. Well I've just taken it out of the box, looked down the rails, got inquisitive, put it on a straight edge.
And as suspected, It's maybe 1-1.5mm out over the length of the bar (appears gradual, not a kink).
Is this normal??

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would not think that is normal. There is no reason a bar shouldn't be straight when it comes out of the factory.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
6:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen a few new Oregon bars that had a slight curve or kink out of the package. I've not seen it on new Stihl, Sandvik-Windsor, Tsumura, or Sugi-Hara bars. I've seen quite a few defects on new Oregon bars throughout the years.

isaaccarlson

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All of the bars I have seen lately have been curved, ground crooked, or other defects. Stihl bars are great. Can't speak for gugi or tsumura, or windsor. Assume the rest are junk.

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen a few new Oregon bars that had a slight curve or kink out of the package. I've not seen it on new Stihl, Sandvik-Windsor, Tsumura, or Sugi-Hara bars. I've seen quite a few defects on new Oregon bars throughout the years.

Since all the solid Oregon bars are made in Canada and we have legalized weed, they won't be getting any straighter.

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have brought a few new bars from standard 16” - 36” stihl e bars and stihl es light and all have bends in them to some degree.

Edit: all stihl bars.