High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Home depot makita

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
9:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I think the other guys pretty much covered it.

I have to say it's a good saw at 64cc with lots of torque, but a great saw at 79cc. Very smooth, and easy to work on.

I run the bar adapters too. I have just as many Stihl mount bars as I have Husky mounts. No big deal.

3 of the saws I have are 79cc, 2 are ported. 1 has a big bore kit, and one is currently 64cc. I do have a slightly scored 79cc top end that I hope will clean up for the last one. If not I'll probably keep it stock for a while.
Are you not the proud owner of a 9010?
That's what I'm a hankerin for....

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That’s one I’m looking for too. A 9010 might be fun.
I've discussed getting a new one from aj , but that would be nice to keep under my bed, and purchase another previously owned unit that could be thoroughly enjoyed, I would probably get excited over a wore out basket case , and had thought about offering my 6100 and /or 1 of my 288's fer possible trade fodder. Neither of which gets used, similar to a 9010 if ever acquired.
Which brings us all the way back around to the OP's original saw in question, buy one, be it used rental, used ported or stock or I know where you can get a great deal on a new one.
This model 64XX -79XX is ideal for every task and so comfortable that you will have to force yourself to run the others

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I stopped by the HD today, and they only had one of the 6421 s left. It started right up, but ran a bit dirty at first. It did clear up after a bit.

Compression was good. Had an HD Black bar on it and some funky looking semi chain.

The large dual dogs are impressive, but not well matched to a 20" bar. The saw seemed heavy and bulky, though it also seemed to run well. I was not impressed with the tiny flock air filter.

They would not budge on the $322 price, so I let them keep it. Got enough unfinished projects I'd rather work on.

Oh, and the numbers across the top I'm sure would not help resale! Otherwise, it was in real good shape.

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes they seem to use tri link chains. I can’t say I liked the one I used. One of mine had a link not peened over.

The spikes take a good portion of the 20” bar.

I ordered a few nylon mesh filters for mine. The saw does run nicely with them. Compared to the awesome filters on the 6100, they are not too impressive, but do run well even with the the flocked ones.

They are big, like I showed in my pictures. I personally think it needs the upgrade of the 7910 top end to be worth the size.

I’d rent one if I were you just to try it out.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A ported 7910 top end and a 28" bar certainly sounds like a nice combo, very similar to my ported 460 with 28" light bar.

Where do you get the adapters?

Spring AV saws feel much different, and their speed is often deceiving. They don't jerk you into the wood like the rubber AV mounts.
You may never be comfortable running one Mike.
Most guys who cut run the stihls for a long time never seem to take to a husky or dolmar as far as handling go.
But even a stihl guy will have a hard time denying how smooth a dolmar is, especially if your comparing it to a ms460 :eek:. You know I like the torque of a 460, the dolmar doesn't seem to have that even with the larger top, but the other attributes make up for that small amount of torque for my uses.

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If you rent one use a real chain though or you’ll not get an accurate picture of how it runs. Youll be disappointed for sure.
Yes, I finally gave the last brand new one I possessed away in the Christmas thread (sorry,Philbert)
There ok I guess, but the saws work much more effectively
with a more aggressive setup. Anyone who is testing one for the first time should not use that chain and base your opinion on it..

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The large dual dogs are impressive, but not well matched to a 20" bar. The saw seemed heavy and bulky, though it also seemed to run well. I was not impressed with the tiny flock air filter.
I like the Star Trek US style 1 spikes, the European style spikes are nice in thin barked logs.
These saws definitely need dual spikes to deliver a smooth operating experience.

I have no issues whatever with the stock flock filter, even on my PS-7900.
You guys are just too spoiled...

Me, I'd have snatched that saw . . .