High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

HL supply cylinder/piston kits

ft. churchill

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've been using HL supply's kits for 4 years now and have had excellent results with them. No failures, and accurate casting and port shapes without alot of grinding to bring them into shape. Post up with your experiences. This ugly old white top 61 was converted over to a 272 using a HL supply jug/piston kit. Everybody is always shocked when they run it. It was my first saw I built way back in the stone ages of 2012.Old photos 115.jpg IMG_0111.JPG

d.l.d

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've also had good luck with all the "grades" of kits HL sells. Meteor obviously is a great choice to get pretty close to oem. Hyway kits have been great as well. I believe the last one i built was a ms 460 54mm kit and it was pushing around 180 on the compression tester before the first tank was run through. I did use caber rings instead of the supplied. The no name cheapest kits i have also been impressed with for the most part. Ive used them to bring a lot of "homeowners" saws back to life mainly the 1127 series. Using all the supplied parts. All in all i really don't have any complaints with their top end kits. And haven't had to clean up many casting flaws. Really did just because i'm particular about saws when i build.

Bondo

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ayuh,..... I bought the big bore kit for my ole 044, just ain't put it together yet, as I bought a used 460 Magnum to get this years wood cut,...

It's also why I'm here in this new forum,......

Pretty Cool,... New parts, 'n a new forum,....

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What has been the consensus on Hyway vs Meteor kits?

I've never used Hyway, I know guys like them, but how are they compared to Meteor?

ft. churchill

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've never seen another like it on a 2 series husky. It comes apart at the seam so you can access the screen. As far a the bike handle bar port, if you do one, angle it to one side as it catches bark on fire . It does sound great. I flared the end using two ball peen hammers.Old photos 126.jpg Old photos 077.jpg

TIG welded the pipe on.

d.l.d

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What has been the consensus on Hyway vs Meteor kits?

I've never used Hyway, I know guys like them, but how are they compared to Meteor?
Meteor is better quality in my opinion. especially their pistons but im not saying in any way that hyway is not good quality. Ive used more hyway kits than meteor. They are both great for am. Really for what I've seen out there and bought, meteor, tecomec, and hyway are the best. I'm sure there is something out there i haven't used of the higher quality am kits but from personal experience thats my opinion.

Last edited:

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have used Hyway kits for years and they have always been good. Another vendor sells "hyway" kits that come in a generic box and those have got alot to be desired. The Hyway kits that HL sell say Hyway on the box and are the real thing. I just sold an 044 that I put a Hyway kit in and that sucker would pull the pull handle out of your hand if you didnt use the decomp. I sometimes regret selling that saw because it cut wood real good. The guy who boght it is happy as hell!! As a matter of fact I bought that kit from HL. Real good prices too!

d.l.d

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here are some pics of one of the 54mm 460 hyway kit with a little over a yr. Of pretty heavy use. The cylinder still has the cross hatching and looks like it has pretty even transfer flow. This saw is one of my main saws i use frequently and its a good runner. I couldn't get a good shot of the cylinder walls with my camera so this is it. The decomp plug is shiny because i just put it in to do a pressure/vac test before i tore it down to check wear throughout. All i did to the cylinder was shave the base down to get 19 thousands squash running a base gasket. Wanted to run it without porting first to test it out and was happy enough with it i didn't tear it back down to mess with anything till now. And really did just to look for abnormal wear of any sort.CAM00842.jpg CAM00840.jpg CAM00845.jpg

Gentleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here are some pics of one of the 54mm 460 hyway kit with a little over a yr. Of pretty heavy use. The cylinder still has the cross hatching and looks like it has pretty even transfer flow. This saw is one of my main saws i use frequently and its a good runner. I couldn't get a good shot of the cylinder walls with my camera so this is it. The decomp plug is shiny because i just put it in to do a pressure/vac test before i tore it down to check wear throughout. All i did to the cylinder was shave the base down to get 19 thousands squash running a base gasket. Wanted to run it without porting first to test it out and was happy enough with it i didn't tear it back down to mess with anything till now. And really did just to look for abnormal wear of any sort.View attachment 1883 View attachment 1884 View attachment 1885
Thanks for the photos and comments d.l.d. Nice to see it the kit holding up so well. Usually when I see photos is from a guy who blew it up because he know what he was doing. Of course it is always our fault.

ft. churchill

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos and comments d.l.d. Nice to see it the kit holding up so well. Usually when I see photos is from a guy who blew it up because he know what he was doing. Of course it is always our fault.
I thought I'd give you folks a shameless plug because I have got great customer service and a great product at an excellent price.

d.l.d

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No problem. I know how that goes, guy brings you a saw to put a new pull rope in and three weeks later burns up the saw when he straight gasses it and somehow its your fault because he's incompetent. Just one of my many wonderful experiences with people.

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've used 4 359 hyway pistons and a few 353 slugs. Great quality... All from hlsupply at crazy good deals. I used to order piles of parts when they did better deal of the days. If I could get one part cheap, it made my big order worth it. I am a deal hound!

Gentleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag