High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Help and fast please/info for course study?

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's the funny part, if they had purchased the rights to put their name on the BC Faller training training standards when we wouldn't be having this discussion. When I was Heli-falling on certain jobs then it wasn't uncommon for a superior to run me through the BC Fallers 24 page evaluation.
That is what you have to do to Certify as a BC Faller.
We are talking a different language over here, so to speak. It's a combined entry level course into a medium course. It's all that is required for this job at this time.
There is a lot of tools that go alone with it for assist. They even have stacking firewood specs in height and procedures. It's the circle of life. I am back wearing diapers...lol I was a danger tree assessor in harvesting & Silviculture & also Wildland Fire module for 8 yrs also in BC.
It's not North American.

Good luck to you to man.
Play it safe.
Man it would be nice if folks could get on the same page. For goodness sakes they share the same monarch lol just the government houses are different. Man politics are crazy. I will agree though it’s not North America. as far as fire fighting training goes for wildland. NWCG has done a good job of things being universal Canada to Mexico.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
12:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I just looked through these standards quickly. Are there sections that deal specifically with cutting storm damage trees?

Thanks

Philbert
Yes there is Philbert but not on these two.The other two ground level courses are over 380mm /16" and a wind storm/blow down. Just Google: City & guilds NPTC chainsaw training.

It will take you to training companies
If it doesn't say NPTC on the link and in PDR then it's likely a training house. They all have their courses listed.
Once you identity the name of said course then find it on the City of guilds NPTC... I think it ends in .org.uk

I can inquire for you to if you cannot seem to get everything. I will be talking to the trainer's first thing tomorrow.

Last edited:

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Man it would be nice if folks could get on the same page. For goodness sakes they share the same monarch lol just the government houses are different. Man politics are crazy. I will agree though it’s not North America. as far as fire fighting training goes for wildland. NWCG has done a good job of things being universal Canada to Mexico.
no kidding, Wouldn't that be nice. If I was going into gas & oil (g&o) then I would be good. All the major Licencees recognize and want the BC standards. I have a good bud in Panama. They were looking for mainly Certified BC Faller Supervisors. So they are overseeing the Seismic cutting. He loves it. Having the time of his life. I was going to get back into plumbing as that's what I did in '88 and part of '89.
I liked it and was good at it. You can do an apprenticeship in about 18 months over here and get a level 2. Most people don't go has a level 2. Canada would have taken me 4 yrs with 6 weeks in school per yr. Plus I would have needed prerequisites.
12 Algebra for one. My grant was denided because I wanted to do the home study for the theory (9 exams) They didn't like that but I learn better that way. They said that they felt I could just get an apprenticeship because of my past experience. I my just pay for the course myself to get more familiar with things and do some private fix & repair and renovations and what not in residential.
I have full time work harvesting for now with a lot of leeway. A lot of the guys come in and out apparently. I don't mind sitting on the beach in Spain either...lol.
Flights cost you nothing.

So yeah the plumbing certs here are different in Scotland even.
You can't win.

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What you need man, did they get it all for you.
Yes thanks brother.

It was a valiant effort on the two parties that took a shot. They are coming up with what I already printed at the library.
It looks to me like class studies or homework.vme hate homework..lol.
It's not the real text. IMO.
I will find a lot of things out tomorrow.
I am just going to flunk out of cutting class on a 'no show' It's better than embarrassing myself because I talked a lot of chit on the phone .lol...but you already know that.

Just do me a favour bud and keep it on the down low?
.Can't have anyone know I flunked out off cutting school

Oh well, if we have the ability to go backwards then we possess the ability to move forward.

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
"I always say don't blame the Americans":pancarta:.

That's funny because when I first got here I would have my little fits in public trying to buy a good coffee. If it was bad enough then I would always say don't blame the American's either ... I'm Canadian.
Obviously ecceptance in not a factor with me.

I had to take Einstein's advice.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over and expecting different results.

Yeah don't go into McDonald's 5 or 6 times ordering a coffee and telling them it's chit and getting your money back.

It sounds silly now.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@~WBF
Good luck Jamie it sounds like a major pain in the butt to go through all of this hope it’s all worth it in the end. What the requirements for sitting in a harvester? I’ve heard what they are in Germany full schooling which seems odd to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bumper upper ;)

So how did it go... ;).... did you skip And rehearse for a latter date..

And ....dot dot dot..:)

Edit... I’m not the best at tests... and was not happy until I passed... it was like going on a blind date....even thou I had all the answers..

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Bumper upper ;)

So how did it go... ;).... did you skip And rehearse for a latter date..

And ....dot dot dot..:)

Edit... I’m not the best at tests... and was not happy until I passed... it was like going on a blind date....even thou I had all the answers..
Yes, I did it last Saturday. It cost me another £120 because I got bumped because an Assessor can only test up to 4 and they had a guy fail on that Monday that I was meant to go the day after I started the thread. The ones that go through the course get priority as that's where the agency makes money. The Assessor is private . I hired the Assessor to come out for me or they were going to push me to the 28th. The Assessors are good guys. One of them past a number on to me for Falling oversized for the Harvester. I will do that when that comes up too.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well that’s Cool. Even if it did cost a bit more..after all you saved some on the course..

And yes the assessors are normally good guys,

I,m pleased for you, Well done.:zpong: :):borra2:.