Felling leaning Locust trees

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am 100% comfortable limbing, bucking, loading, splitting.
Yet, not so much on felling.
I picked up some bucked locust logs last yr from this lady. She's about 60 miles away.
She contacts me about dropping these 2 trees for the wood and perhaps a small amount of money.
Feeling kinda weird about the whole situation. I'm straight on firewood, not fond of 120 mile round trip, and while the are not monsters...that's not what I do.

Any thoughts or advice?
IMG_85421.jpg IMG_85431.jpg IMG_85411.jpg

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
^^^^This.

That looks pretty straight forward to me, but I am not there. I have been fooled by pictures before.

If you are uncertain about it, I would just pass. None of this stuff is worth getting hurt over or destroying property. I tell people NO all the time, and not ashamed to admit it.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
^^^^This.

That looks pretty straight forward to me, but I am not there. I have been fooled by pictures before.

If you are uncertain about it, I would just pass. None of this stuff is worth getting hurt over or destroying property. I tell people NO all the time, and not ashamed to admit it.

That's what I'm leaning towards. I've got about 2 cords of seasoned white oak already down in rounds in my Aunts backyard...waiting on me.
Tempting :devil:though...:crybaby2::cunaooooo:

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
11:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
that would have to be FAT money for me to drive 120 miles and HAVE to take the wood.... that means a dump truck or a trailer as well as my time. not happening. those are two hours id be doing something else with. but i say no to tree services all week long trying to drop off crap like this junk20200822_112833.jpg

nerve of them bastiges

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
11:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn’t go. No way.

She is being cheap letting you “have the wood” as payment. Any tree company would charge her more to take the wood than leave it.

Sounds like a no go to me. Plus, what will you do with the tree branches and leaves? They are a ton of work once down and are always much bigger than they look once they hit the ground.