Effective porting

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've only seen the kind with removable front piece. Drill or cut as big of holes as you want in the perforated part, remove the screen, and then use a flat screw driver to pry the outer 4 slits open much wider.

Usato

Active OPE Member
Local time
8:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've only seen the kind with removable front piece. Drill or cut as big of holes as you want in the perforated part, remove the screen, and then use a flat screw driver to pry the outer 4 slits open much wider.
I understood this type of muffler well, it is the type without a removable plate (ms 180) that makes me doubt.

I hope someone will help me, otherwise I have to buy the 170 which has a simpler muffler to modify, but it is also quite less powerful. I would prefer a 180, but maybe someone thinks otherwise.
I listen to advice, but I think everyone has gone to bed on this topic.

Sawrain

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I understood this type of muffler well, it is the type without a removable plate (ms 180) that makes me doubt.

I hope someone will help me, otherwise I have to buy the 170 which has a simpler muffler to modify, but it is also quite less powerful. I would prefer a 180, but maybe someone thinks otherwise.
I listen to advice, but I think everyone has gone to bed on this topic.

My ms180 has a removable plate over the perforations, same as the ms170, pretty sure it is OEM delivered that way, at least mine was.