Mike C.

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi guys,
I'm looking for answers to questions from someone who has actually worked on one of these trimmers.

My first question is:how does one remove the plastic plug blocking the high-speed mixture needle?

I was told by several that the plug just pulls out(with the appropriate tool),others say that the plug is threaded and one must unscrew it(hence the reverse threads on the removal tool).Does anyone here know the real answer-from experience?

Also,there are two different sized tools for plug removal-one is 2.5mm and one is 3mm.Which of these is to be used on this trimmer's Walbro WYG-9 carb?

Frankly,I might just use a machine screw to pull the plug or the hot screwdriver trick,but I' would like to know the correct tool.

Thanks.

Mike C.

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As I posted in another thread the other day,I decided to go ahead and make a tool to pull out the plug.But I quickly discovered that there was no plug.The salesman handed my trimmer over to the mechanic who played with it for a few minutes before I left.Either he removed the plugs and never put them back in,or it never had any to begin with.

I just hope that if I have to take the trimmer back for repair under warranty,they don't refuse me because the plugs are missing on the carb.The dealership I bought it from doesn't have the greatest reputation.

Thanks for the help.

Puget_hick

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bumping this thread. My 2620 did not have a plastic plug. I ended up pulling the bulb and end of carb off for a better look and NO plastic plug. My near sight is not 100% and I can not confirm the shape. My micro D tool doesn't engage it well.

1.5hp

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
just got a 2320. a Stihl 2.5mm LH thread limiter cap tool got the plugs out. underneath was a mini slotted head.