Echo Pb400e blower no spark

woody367

OPE Member
Local time
12:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Echo Pb400e blower with no spark. I tested the switch and wiring and disconnected the switch wire from the coil. I replaced the coil going to the plug with a known good one. I do not know how to get to the coil on the flywheel or how to test that one. Is there a way to test it without removing everything to get to it? It use to work great. Does anyone know? I sis order a service manual but I will not get it for 2 weeks. Thank you

woody367

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The PB400e has 2 separate coils. 1 on the flywheel which is what I need to test and figure how to get too. And 1 on the side of the rewind cove which is the one I changed as it is easy to get to and has the spark plug wire on. That one doesn't get gapped.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know exactly nothing about that blower .However I have an Echo weed wacker that one flywheel magnet loses it's magnetism after it sits all winter for some reason .I recharge it using a rare earth magnet but it won't hold .However once it's recharged it lasts all summer .Other than that it's a good little trimmer .

woody367

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you all for the help. I got it fixed. It was the coil on the flywheel not the on that goes to the spark plug. It is all back together and I am just waiting on a new fuel line. Thanks