High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Echo cs 590 base carburetor settings

pignacious

Active OPE Member
Local time
5:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a saw that came to me in pieces, including the carburetor. It was easily put back together, but the adjustment screws had been removed. I've seen posts talking about starting anywhere from 1/4-1 1/2 turns from seated on the L screw and 1/4 to 1 on the H. I've rebuilt many carbs, but this one has been the most aggravating because of the lack of consistent information.
Thanks in advance

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have never worked on a 590, but if I were in your shoes I'd crank the idle screw in and start both needles at one turn out from lightly seated.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would this help?
pliRHDN.png

NOTE 2: Turn Idle Speed Screw CW or CCW until screw tip just touches throttle plate, then turn CW the specified number of turns.
NOTE 5: WARNING! During Warm up DO NOT exceed Maximum RPM listed to prevent engine damage from over-revving.

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would this help?
pliRHDN.png

NOTE 2: Turn Idle Speed Screw CW or CCW until screw tip just touches throttle plate, then turn CW the specified number of turns.
NOTE 5: WARNING! During Warm up DO NOT exceed Maximum RPM listed to prevent engine damage from over-revving.
Wow that’s some solid info. Good on ya.

pignacious

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wow that’s some solid info. Good on ya.
Thanks everyone. I had a new carb on order and have rebuilt the old one. Having a spare carb almost guarantees the saw will get crushed and it did. I have a new question on the forum for that.