Echo 590-620 jet

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just wanted to put this out there. The 590 hybrid I did a couple of months ago I used JB Weld to close off the main jet and make the carb fully adjustable. This morning I took the carb apart and noticed that the edge of the JB Weld had lifted a bit and I was able to take the plug out with my finger nail, the JB Weld is no longer hard and you can squish it like a piece of rubber. So it looks like it's best to replace the jet because the JB Weld is going to fail sooner or later.

KIMG3593.JPG

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll have to see how soft the JB weld I've used in cylinders is. I've put a few hours 2 engines with it, and haven't noticed any problems from gas exposure.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll have to see how soft the JB weld I've used in cylinders is. I've put a few hours 2 engines with it, and haven't noticed any problems from gas exposure.
It may have gotten soft because that jet is recessed and is always submerged in fuel. On the couple if intakes I've used JB Weld on and later had apart, the JB Weld was still hard like when I put it in there.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice thing about the hybrid is you don't have to plug/swap the jet. They use all the fuel and will tune normal from my experience.