Curious

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wondering how many cords of of split firewood do you give away in a year? Not talking about junk wood that is in the way but but good ready to burn wood.

Lcfd1124

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wondering how many cords of of split firewood do you give away in a year? Not talking about junk wood that is in the way but but good ready to burn wood.
I dont know how many cords, but every year around this time I give a local church a 6'x16' dump trailer of split oak to divide up among the elderly in their church

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad to hear those reports. Lots of people that are no longer able to cut enough wood for themselves have to make the decision whether to heat or get food or medication. Every dime not spent on a heating bill is a great blessing. James 2: 14-18.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At one time I kept 2 elders stoves going plus my own.
I miss them. Did not measure, they'd burn all I took.
Dahmer or anyone, if you are over stocked with GOOD wood and haul to Butler for reasonable I'd buy a load.
I spent way too much energy on pine this season.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
5:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

None, don't know anybody who depends on wood for heat but can't afford it. However, we used to do 3-5 charity cuts per year for people in SW MO. At one time I was told they delivered 300 truck loads of wood for free. We processed tons of firewood over a 3-4 year period; good times!!! Those charity cuts stopped a few years ago.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At one time I kept 2 elders stoves going plus my own.
I miss them. Did not measure, they'd burn all I took.
Dahmer or anyone, if you are over stocked with GOOD wood and haul to Butler for reasonable I'd buy a load.
I spent way too much energy on pine this season.
Sorry, I gave out 12 cords this year, but it you have a way to haul I still have a bunch of wood that I ran out of time to split if you want to come get a load.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Appreciate that. My pick up has the scensoritus ,
that's too far to trust it hauling.
about ready to give it a shot.
I'll get by fine. The kids offered to buy me a load after I was whining about pine. Thanks for offering.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brother is in a wheelchair and has a stove so i usually deliver 5-6 face cord to him, but usually helps by running the splitter so i guess that doesnt exactly count as "giving it". Also try keep my employee in firewood as well. Id rather cut it for him than risk him using a chainsaw on his own...