Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My neighbor paid 40.55 usd after 6% tax per loop for this rotary branded chainIMG_20231015_123615.jpg
Anybody running this stuff?

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've run a couple of loops of that on my old McCulloch saws, but I bought it at a flea market for like 12.00$!
Its very good chain.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sold him one of the hipa full skip 20" for 5.00 I thought he was going to cry.
I bet he did. I got one full skip but haven't tried it. I bought several of the 3/8 lp semi and 325 and reg 3/8 full chisel, some were different lengths than I use. I have shortened or lengthened a few using archer presets.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What a ripoff, poor guy!
I can understand him crying finding out there are more affordable options at the same or better quality.

That is even more expensive that Stihl RS, he could have gotten nearly two Husqvarna X-Cut loops.

I hope he didn't buy more than one loop, but if he did I'd be crying too if I were in his shoes. :(

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rotary sells that chain for 14.91
I had a dealer check.

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, I'm going to quote this right off their site:

Copperhead Saw Chain
  • Made from German Steel
  • Chrome Plated Cutters Angled for True Performance
  • Drive link and rivet combination Hardened for Optimal Performance & Longevity
  • Copperhead hardness minimizes stretching
  • Manufactured to exacting standards of Quality, Strength, and Durability
  • Engineered for Precision Balance & Low Vibration
Now, I don't know about y'all, but that sounds a lot like this other brand ya mightah heard of with the same claims, a company which is located in Germany. And they got this funny spelling of the word "steel" in all caps, sellin' their chain for half that four-tee dollah price which i daggum know tuh be a fact because i just bought myself some at the dealer today, whichin ya mighta seen their logo:

stihl-logo-vector-21.jpg

In fact some of ya complained that chrome cutter is so tough it dulls yer files!

redneck.jpg

Last edited:

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So has anyone here actually ran a loop of the Copperhead chain? Feedback?
As stated earlier, I've run it on a 10-10 and my PM700 . It's pretty good chain, comparable to old Oregon, but very aggressive out of the box. I used it for firewood duty 2 seasons.
No major stretch or defects.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, I'm going to quote this right off their site:

Copperhead Saw Chain
  • Made from German Steel
  • Chrome Plated Cutters Angled for True Performance
  • Drive link and rivet combination Hardened for Optimal Performance & Longevity
  • Copperhead hardness minimizes stretching
  • Manufactured to exacting standards of Quality, Strength, and Durability
  • Engineered for Precision Balance & Low Vibration
Now, I don't know about y'all, but that sounds a lot like this other brand ya mightah heard of with the same claims, a company which is located in Germany. And they got this funny spelling of the word "steel" in all caps, sellin' their chain for half that four-tee dollah price which i daggum know tuh be a fact because i just bought myself some at the dealer today, whichin ya mighta seen their logo:

stihl-logo-vector-21.jpg

In fact some of ya complained that chrome cutter is so tough it dulls yer files!
Contrary to popular belief, Stihl chain is not made with German steel… It’s long been known that they use a steel alloy only sourced from Switzerland.

I just checked their website to confirm and it no longer says that, so things may have changed. Or they could just not market it that way anymore. It used to be a selling point on Stihl’s chain posters at the dealership.

Edit: here’s what I could find about it now:IMG_8170.jpeg

Last edited:

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Contrary to popular belief, Stihl chain is not made with German steel… It’s long been known that they use a steel alloy only sourced from Switzerland.

I just checked their website to confirm and it no longer says that, so things may have changed. Or they could just not market it that way anymore. It used to be a selling point on Stihl’s chain posters at the dealership.
Wow, thank you for the info! So we can expect "nicer" chain from Switzerland. 🤣

Colonel 428

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As stated earlier, I've run it on a 10-10 and my PM700 . It's pretty good chain, comparable to old Oregon, but very aggressive out of the box. I used it for firewood duty 2 seasons.
No major stretch or defects.
How do you think it compares to Stihl rs?

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am having troubles getting the right "edge" on Stihl RS - kinda disappointing considering its price tag.

Too hard is not necessarily better!

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am having troubles getting the right "edge" on Stihl RS - kinda disappointing considering its price tag.

Too hard is not necessarily better!
I use a Granberg Jig (following @Philbert's suggestion), and time to set it up for the chain. 1 sometimes 2 normal swipes does it.

Dull/damaged chain takes a hard swipe with a Pferd and lighter swipes as needed with the final being a feather-light touch. 4-5 swipes does it.