High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

considering some minor port work on Redmax trimmer.

grassguerilla

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have several Redmax bcz2400s trimmers and would like to see if I can get a bit more torque from them. I'm thinking of widening the exhaust port slightly and possibly deleting the base gasket. Haven't checked squish yet, but hoping someone here may have some guidance. I have a spare engine or two so not really concerned if things go bad. I really dont need more RPM, just torque and maintain or improve throttle response. Suggestions?

I have several gz23n engines to play with, also considering trying to bolt a gz25n piston and cylinder onto a gz23n bottom end. Again, anyone been there, done that?

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picture of trimmer available? What type of spline does the shaft have and what is the diameter of the tube the gear box mounts to?

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If your looking for a unique look on 1 trimmer check to a tuned pipe for a hpi baja they are short compact and make a 32cc come to life at any rpm. One other thing I've Done for a 25 cc weed eater brand weed whip motor on my longboard to get a bit more umph out of it was grind the carb venturi out about 1.5mm bigger with a dremel if you have the butterfly carb

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
9:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you decide to bore the venturi, be aware you can go to far and need a larger jet.