Cigars what you smoking.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
12:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I haven't got a shelf made yet. Still thinking about how I want to do it exactly, but I decided to get everything moved over to my coolidor regardless. Every bag is a different brand, or at least a different maker, if it was a sampler, or 5 packs, or what not. This is going to be much better.
View attachment 410983
That’s exactly how my cooler is set up. Everything bagged. I don’t have shelves. I just pack it in there.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s exactly how my cooler is set up. Everything bagged. I don’t have shelves. I just pack it in there.
I have 3 Tabak boxes, 3 Herrera Esteli boxes, and a Fat Bottom Betty box, on the left and 2 Oliva lancero boxes in the back right, but you might be onto something, now that you mention it. The boxes do take up a lot of space. With as nice as these bags sit, that might just be the way to go and forget the boxes and shelves. The shelves themselves would take up quite a bit of room as well.

I will say, I already like the horizontal setup like this. The lid as a shelf to sit things on while rummaging around is going to be nice.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I had to go back and remove the boxes. I left the 2 Oliva boxes of lanceros, because they're pretty slim and make for a nice divider in the middle. They don't waste much space. My goal is to never outgrow this cooler. So, I think you have the right idea, Jake. I don't think I will do shelves. These bags make things pretty organized and just having things out of the foot lockers, will make it way more accessible. Which was my other goal. Thanks for the idea, Jake. 👍🏻
IMG_20240308_180035_211.jpg

Not the pipe thread, but we're all in the different threads together anyway, mostly. Here's my start of cellaring pipe tobacco, in the foot lockers. These will hold plenty of pipe tobacco.
IMG_20240308_181829_994.jpg

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I haven't got a shelf made yet. Still thinking about how I want to do it exactly, but I decided to get everything moved over to my coolidor regardless. Every bag is a different brand, or at least a different maker, if it was a sampler, or 5 packs, or what not. This is going to be much better.
View attachment 410983
A different kind of CAD!!!!!

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ever smoke a pipe?
My father and grandfather were pipe smokers. I did a bit when I was young but got away from it. My grandfather smoked a pipe in his hospital bed (at home) up until he could not keep a draw on it. My father quit cold turkey the day we laid his niece to rest from cancer at age 47 on Thursday, October 5, 1989. I need to get back to it but now that they are all long gone as well as their pipes I am not sure where to start

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
12:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My father and grandfather were pipe smokers. I did a bit when I was young but got away from it. My grandfather smoked a pipe in his hospital bed (at home) up until he could not keep a draw on it. My father quit cold turkey the day we laid his niece to rest from cancer at age 47 on Thursday, October 5, 1989. I need to get back to it but now that they are all long gone as well as their pipes I am not sure where to start
Grab a Missouri meerschaum pipe. They’re cheap made of corn cobs. They smoke great. There’s some other fellas that can tell you what blends are good. If mild burley suits you I always liked Carter hall. Available in most any cigarette outlet type shop or online