Boots climber/logger

Kerfed

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A couple buddies have really liked Labonville boots, very nice quality and a good company. Always voted Redwings but...bought La Sportiva Makalus this winter ($240 on sale) and they are like slippers with spikes. Not great walking around as they are so stiff, but on longer removals I bring two sets of boots. Gotta be comfortable, good to hear your Carolinas held up.

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
boots_oregon_01.png boots_oregon_02.png Well, if you can find these Oregon chainsaw boots, they are nice, and mine have lasted for a while. I bought them for $100+ something from SMG a few years ago.

https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/boots,-leather-chainsaw,-size-10/p/295450-10

My thing is they are very comfortable, which is why I have kept them for so long and have repaired them more then a few times over the years instead of ditching them. They have out lasted other various chainsaw boots such as DANS. They will not stand up to a washer and dryer, even on low heat, learned that the hard way. The most frequent problem is the eyelets for the laces break when walking through brush and getting caught. I replaced the broken lace eyelets with hangers from HD for laces to go through, held by steel rivets. The boots are HOT in the Georgia summer.

The metal crampons are nice, though they can rip up brake pedal pads, but, I drive a real man's truck with no rubbers on the brake and clutch pedal anyway ;-D

They did not interfere with my style of gaffs, your mileage may vary.

Do NOT buy these, they feel awkward wearing them on the ground, never mind in a tree:

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...s-waterproof-steel-toe-logger-boots?a=2213506

AdTec Men's Waterproof Steel Toe Logger Boots