High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Bearing noise

Sawsparky

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I’ve got a 394 apart and noticed it’s alittle loud. Was very dirty and sat open for awhile but after cleaning and rinsing out it spins free. Just a bit louder than I would expect compared to a 066 I had laying around.

Is it because of a lack of parts hanging off the case/crank? Or are the bearings due for a change? Saw is very low hour but was bought with a straight gassed looking piston only. Thoughts.
Thanks, Chris

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
11:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’d be tempted to replace the bearings in both those saws when you have them torn down that far. Especially with that corrosion on the 660 crank. Not a good sign. Check the rod bearing on it to make sure it isn’t rusted either.

Last edited:

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
11:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
sounds like the HUsky has no seals in place and the Stihl does. Im with Mason...replace the bearings and sleep well knowing it was done proper. they are real cheap on the Husky ifn I member good. the PTO side Stihl is a little pricey but...

Sawsparky

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
To be honest. I didn’t have any oil in bearings on husky. Just been cleaned and washed/rinsed. Oiled up and made a world of difference. Seals in place. Thanks for bringing back to the real world.

066 has seen better days I know. Was never real sure what to do with it. It’s in a TBD pile.